Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

rock crawler front lower control arms...any good?

Old 10-10-2012, 04:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rock crawler front lower control arms...any good?

looking at a set of these

Rock Krawler Suspension RK02015 - Rock Krawler High Clearance Adjustable Front Lower Control Arms for 07-13 Jeep® Wrangler & Wrangler Unlimited JK - Quadratec

any opinions on whether these will work well with a 2-3" lift and if there high quality parts?
Old 10-10-2012, 05:37 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Rock krawler has great quality parts...they should work for you, no problem. They are extremely heavy duty compared to stock CAs
Old 10-10-2012, 06:59 AM
JK Super Freak

I'd go with RK or teraflex....comparable awesome quality
Old 10-10-2012, 10:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

I'd go with teraflex. I called a couple of the dealers and they all recommend teraflex when i told them I was torn between Tera and RK. They all told me the Tera arms don't squeak and are easily rebuild able and so that's why I went Tera. And they are beefy
Old 10-11-2012, 05:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

the reason im looking into lower front arms is because I experienced bad death wobble above 50mph towing a pop up camper this past weekend. Mind you this was with the stock tires not the 35" kevlars. One of my thoughts is that because of the 3" lift my caster settings are so out of wack that its causing the death wobble?

Any thoughts on how high a lift before LCA's become needed to restore factory caster settings?
Old 10-11-2012, 07:51 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by last5liter
the reason im looking into lower front arms is because I experienced bad death wobble above 50mph towing a pop up camper this past weekend. Mind you this was with the stock tires not the 35" kevlars. One of my thoughts is that because of the 3" lift my caster settings are so out of wack that its causing the death wobble?

Any thoughts on how high a lift before LCA's become needed to restore factory caster settings?
Most companies add them to their lift kits @ the 2.5-3" mark.

And given that, Rock Krawler is hands down one of the best suspension companies on the market. I have a set of RK front upper and lower CA's on my rig and they're great. I started with their Stock Mod lift, and the addition of the arms has helped level my ride back out with caster angles.

As for the comment above about them squeaking - mine don't, and even if they do, all that RK recommends is that a little pneumatic tool oil or WD-40 needs to be applied to them every once in a while. The tolerances in the joints are close enough to where they do not need to be greased with standard grease.

For the Death Wobble - there are other issues that may need to be addressed, such as making sure all of your bolts are still torqued to spec. If and when you install these arms, you might just check the bolts on your track bar as well.

As for *where* to buy them - I'd definitely hit up Marcus at River City Offroad. He's been the absolute best vendor to deal with, in my experience.

Last edited by Arkitard; 10-11-2012 at 07:53 AM.
Old 10-11-2012, 11:27 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by ghostjk
I'd go with teraflex. I called a couple of the dealers and they all recommend teraflex when i told them I was torn between Tera and RK. They all told me the Tera arms don't squeak and are easily rebuild able and so that's why I went Tera. And they are beefy

FYI. RK joints are fully rebuildable as well. And they are "maintenance free" for years so no worrying about greasing them every few thousand miles. RK changed their joints last year and everyone I've spoken to that understands eingineering (I don't) says that the RK joints are some of the best out there.

I get zero squeaks from mine. I run the X-Factor so I have all 8 control arms. As far as beefiest is concerned, if I ever bend or break one of these arms, it will be the least of my problems. LOL!! They are heavy duty.
Old 10-13-2012, 07:07 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by golfer97
FYI. RK joints are fully rebuildable as well. And they are "maintenance free" for years so no worrying about greasing them every few thousand miles. RK changed their joints last year and everyone I've spoken to that understands eingineering (I don't) says that the RK joints are some of the best out there.

I get zero squeaks from mine. I run the X-Factor so I have all 8 control arms. As far as beefiest is concerned, if I ever bend or break one of these arms, it will be the least of my problems. LOL!! They are heavy duty.
I agree with the above statement, the Rock Crawler arms are much better then the Teraflex and I know because I have installed many of both kits and work on JK's daily. I have never had a Rock Crawler kit come back but we are constantly rebuilding the Teraflex joints.
Old 10-13-2012, 09:34 PM
JK Freak

waiting on my rock krawler front lca that i ordered from Northridge
Old 10-13-2012, 09:54 PM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by moabjk072d
I agree with the above statement, the Rock Crawler arms are much better then the Teraflex and I know because I have installed many of both kits and work on JK's daily. I have never had a Rock Crawler kit come back but we are constantly rebuilding the Teraflex joints.
That's good to know, I wasn't sure which I'd go with. Price and reliability is pointing me towards RK for sure

Quick Reply: rock crawler front lower control arms...any good?