Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Road wobble on newly lifted Rubicon Unlimited 10th Anniversary

Old 04-30-2014, 05:29 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 13RubiUnlimited10A
Are the adjustable lower control arms something I can install or should I have a pro do it.
Yupp, you can def do yourself, another good option would be to get a pair of the AEV geometry correction brackets, could save you some coin and fix your issue as well.
Old 04-30-2014, 05:45 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks to you all for the valuable info. I am going to post later about a clearance issue I think I may have on my back tire where the rock rail sits. It looks to me like it could be a bad deal when I take my rig off road.
Old 04-30-2014, 07:57 PM
JK Newbie

You can also try balancing tires again, the bigger tires sometimes need balancing a few times. This is cheaper to try first than buying all new adjustable parts IMO.
Nice jeep

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 04-30-2014, 08:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 13RubiUnlimited10A
Hey y'all. I have a 2013 Rubicon Unlimited 10th Anniversary that just had a 4" Pro Comp lift installed along with 20" Rockstar II wheels and 35" Nitto tires. See attached photo. We are getting a lot of "road wobble" now that the lit has been installed. Feels like the wind is blowing me around even if there is no wind. Any suggestions on what would fix this would be greatly appreciated.

Attachment 549721
Attachment 549724Attachment 549726
That's just the jeep protesting at being made to ride around with dubs. My toddler does the same thing if I make him wear something silly looking.

If you are going to get adjustable control arms, please check in here first before taking a shops recommendation. I'm guessing a shop recommended the pro comp lift, and you don't want to be screwed twice. In fact, you might want to consider another shop.

Let's just say, I fell for the shop advice when I first bought my jeep, and have had to upgrade just about everything. Luckily, I was too smart to get 20's (kidding).
Old 05-01-2014, 03:06 AM
JK Newbie

Is the pro comp lift not a good lift?
Old 05-01-2014, 03:16 AM
JK Super Freak

His words may have been a little harsh, but pretty spot on. Most people on this forum are in JKs to hit the trails, I'm not sure if you are or not ( not a jab, I really haven't asked you your intended purpose or vehicle use). That being said, not many on here run pro comp.
Old 05-01-2014, 03:23 AM
JK Super Freak

What's important is that you're here, your feet are wet and you've got a great starting point. As you progress you will find yourself replacing a lot of that lift. And you may one day even "upgrade" back to 17" wheels
Old 05-01-2014, 03:24 AM
JK Newbie

Truth is this is our 1st jeep. The wife drives it more than I do. It is her daily driver. Not likely it will see the trails anytime soon. I had to buy her a creeper to get under it when she cleans if that tells you anything. I took the recommendation of the shop on the lift. Was told the pro mop was a middle of the road lift somewhere between rough country and aev. Is there a particular aftermarket manufacture I should stay with when doing future up grades? I don't get offended easily. Truth is I just want our jeep to be a head turner as she is traveling down the road.
Old 05-01-2014, 03:28 AM
JK Super Freak

Then the shop probably hit the nail on the head with what you're looking for. Everyone has their brand preferences (to a nauseating degree). I've pieced my lift together from ARB, Currie, JKS, Synergy etc. it all really depends on your budget and goal. If you want a head turner that doesn't need to conquer trails that's totally fine and you're on a good track.
Old 05-01-2014, 03:31 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks Jive. It looks like I am going to have to purchase another jeep for me and my boys to use as our "toy". His and her jeeps....who woulda thought. After all you know what they say..... Happy wife happy life.

Quick Reply: Road wobble on newly lifted Rubicon Unlimited 10th Anniversary