Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

On-Road Extremely Rough

Old 03-24-2011, 07:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nthinuf
Bigger tires at lower psi?
I just went and checked the tire pressure. All are between 30 - 35 psi. Does anyone have a recommended safe tire pressure?

Originally Posted by cajun01
I made a mistake when installing my lift. You need to loosen all control arm bolts and track bar bolts. Then bounce the bumpers at ride height with the tires on the ground. Then re-torque all bolts and re-torque after 400 miles. If you didn't do this it will make a difference
I definitely did not do this when I installed my lift... I'll be doing it tonight.
Old 03-24-2011, 07:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by storch
A few things that improved my ride quality and handling with 35" tires

AEV control arm relocation brackets, levels out the control arm angle.
I like the idea of these AEV Control Arm Relocation Brackets. Does any welding need to be done to install these? I can't seem to find them on AEV's website.

Anyone else running these?

trackbar relocation bracket on axle with beilstien steering dampener
What kind of bracket did you get for your track bar? I have an adjustable JKS, would a bracket improve the ride as well?
Old 03-24-2011, 07:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Torrin
Check your tire pressure first and ignore the RC haters. I ran one for 2+ years and the only ride issue I had was when the shop had my tires at 60psi on 33's. If you running above 30psi on 35's, your ride will be crap.
If you are running 35s you should be running less than 30 PSI. Here is a chart I got somewhere that helps you define what you should run.Click image for larger version

Name:	tire load vs psi.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	95.6 KB
ID:	141333

The load index should be on your tire, the stock rubi tires are a load indes 121, so per the chart at 32 psi they are rated fr 2557 lbs of weight.

Goodyear duratracs in a 315x70x17 are a 127 load index, so to carry the same 2500 lbs the tire should be at 25 to 26 psi. The tires will also wear better if inflated properly like this.
Tom
Old 03-24-2011, 08:03 AM
JK Freak

I had the R/C on my 09, and it had a really rough ride on city streets. I installed a Teraflex 2.5 coil and shock lift on my 2011 and my wife commented on how nice the JK rides over our 09. No issues with rough ride on city streets at all.
Old 03-24-2011, 08:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

I walked into AEV and bought them there, I both Northridge and Quadratec have them, only $100.00 just bolt on.

FYI the pasenger side exhaust needs to be pried out of the way to remove one of the OEM bolts, it takes over 100lbs of force otherwise less than a 2 hour job basic tools.

this and the high steer is the best bang for the buck

Quick Reply: On-Road Extremely Rough