Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rk vs metalcloak coils?

Old 12-04-2016, 02:37 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Rk vs metalcloak coils?

Looking for opinions from those that have run both MC AND RK coils.

I currently have RK 3.5 progressive coils just wondering if I would see a difference if I switched to MC.

Opinions?

Northridge 4x4
Old 12-04-2016, 07:46 PM
JK Freak

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Wrangeler X
Looking for opinions from those that have run both MC AND RK coils. I currently have RK 3.5 progressive coils just wondering if I would see a difference if I switched to MC. Opinions? Northridge 4x4
I have had both within the last couple years. Ran RK 2.5 with Bilsteins on my 15 two door and just upgraded to a 17 4 door and have a 3.5 MC with their rock Shock. I do think the metal cloak suspension feels better but it could be the shocks as part of the equation. The one thing I do notice is that the RK rear sagged and I had to add angled pads under the coils to angle them better and don't have this issue at all with the MC coils. I also tow a camper and noticed a major impact to the rear towing with the RK coils and the MC coils barley give at all with the weight of the camper.

Quick Reply: Rk vs metalcloak coils?