Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

RK rear track bar

Old 12-23-2013, 02:15 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

And, for what it is worth, the RK track bar's frame side bushing WILL NOT accept 9/16" shoulder bolts. I had upgraded grade 8 hardware to install, but found that the bushing was too small for the bolt's shoulder to fit. I had to reuse the stock bolt on the frame side.

From a compatibility perspective, I have JKUR springs, and 1.5" spacers in the rear. No apparent issue aside from my question about rotating the bar, and that is still questionable.
Old 12-23-2013, 02:15 PM
JK Junkie

Pointed up ?

Cycle the suspension in the driveway. Make sure it won't tag the exhaust.
Old 12-23-2013, 02:17 PM
JK Junkie

I'm running 9/16 on both ends ?
Old 12-26-2013, 02:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

Well, brute4ce fabbed a bracket for me. No more clearance issues with the diff cover. Still, it seems a company could simply engineer it to not have these issues from the beginning.

I don't have a clearance issue with the coils either...yet. I'm doing RK control arms and will push the axle back a bit. When I do, he'll relocate the coil perches back on top of axle. That should prevent any issues.
Old 12-26-2013, 07:51 AM
Former Vendor

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by diver_matt
Well, brute4ce fabbed a bracket for me. No more clearance issues with the diff cover. Still, it seems a company could simply engineer it to not have these issues from the beginning.

I don't have a clearance issue with the coils either...yet. I'm doing RK control arms and will push the axle back a bit. When I do, he'll relocate the coil perches back on top of axle. That should prevent any issues.
Sir,

What does your setup consist of? When installing our kits there is no clearance issue between the track bar and rear dif. If you installed the track bar without bracket you would most likely see contact like you did though. If you look on our website we offer the rear track bar with and without brackets (different part numbers). We do this because every kit we sell includes the rear track bar relocation bracket, so when one is adding components to a kit they would order the track bar without the bracket seeing they already have it in their kit. That is why there is a note under the track bar without bracket that states you need a relocation bracket. The coil contact can come into play when you move the axle back, that is why the track bar is double adjustable, so you can roll it away from the coil slightly. If you have the ability to relocate the springs pads on the axle then without a doubt do it! But many people do not posses the means to do this so the rolling of the track bar will suffice.

RK
Old 12-30-2013, 05:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

Just to answer RK's question: I have your 2.5" coils, tie rod, all 8 control arms and F/R track bars.

Speaking of your website, it shows the rear by itself. Then it shows a front track bar pictured with the bracket and labeled "rear track bar and bracket". I didn't expect to is have to read fine print for a track bar. Still love RK products. Just think if a part "requires" another part, always sell them together
Old 12-30-2013, 05:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have the 2.5" max travel kit. Came with tracbar relocation bracket but no tracbar. Reused stock and works great. No contact.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk
Old 12-30-2013, 05:13 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just to answer RK's question: I have your 2.5" coils, tie rod, all 8 control arms and F/R track bars. Speaking of your website, it shows the rear by itself. Then it shows a front track bar pictured with the bracket and labeled "rear track bar and bracket". I didn't expect to is have to read fine print for a track bar. Still love RK products. Just think if a part "requires" another part, always sell them together
Actually I their older style trackbar looks a lot like the front. It has the same bend but in a different spot. If you look again on the site you will see this. I'm guessing it's their old style tracbar. I have both front and rear also to verify this.
Old 12-30-2013, 07:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

Dunny....how ya been?

I think the old style would have worked better. I have the one with two bends. The single bend likely would have cleared my diff without a bracket. Overall, it was a small issue.
Old 12-30-2013, 07:52 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dunny....how ya been? I think the old style would have worked better. I have the one with two bends. The single bend likely would have cleared my diff without a bracket. Overall, it was a small issue.
Been alright. I'll have the rear for sale soon if you need. Lol.

Quick Reply: RK rear track bar