Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rk rear arms question

Old 12-10-2013, 08:23 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by ABENDX
You can disagree with me all you want buddy.... it tickles me. Working fine is relative I guess and okay... you are right. They work. You slide them in and they stay in place. Do they correct the bow they were designed to correct...... not in my experience.
Don't be rude. My name is Mark, not "Buddy". Mine work fine. That means they corrected the contact with the spring.
Old 12-10-2013, 08:27 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by Cuv
I had initially purchased RK wedges to correct my coils, but after adjusting my pinion along with the axle being pushed back a little bit, there's no way they would have worked.
Yes, I can see that. The best way to fix things, and sometimes the only way, is to move the perches. I just take issue with anyone who says they don't work. They do for some of us.
Old 12-10-2013, 09:05 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 366 Likes on 290 Posts

My issue is that this is a well know side affect with this lift and after you spend the money on the kit and complain about the bowed coil you get "Oh ya, you need to buy these wedges to fix that". So now you are spending more time on the install and waiting on more parts to come and you end up paying more then you though for your "kit". IMO they should include these in the kit if that is their solution. At least they should recommend that you rotate the perches in the instructions but then they would not be able to sell you the wedges.
Old 12-10-2013, 09:40 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
Don't be rude. My name is Mark, not "Buddy". Mine work fine. That means they corrected the contact with the spring.
No clue as to what you are saying here?

From qtec..... RK's description:
Are you tired of your rear coil spring bowing in your JK? Are you tired of loosing effective spring rate and suffering from the associated poor handling woes? Are you tired of your rear coil spring rubbing on the rear track bar? If this sounds like you or your JK rear coils, don't worry! Rock Krawler has the answer. These simple rear coil spring correction wedges made of polyeurathane will fix all those problems!
Sorry bud... you gotta deal with the truth now and again. I have no interest in making my past purchases seem relevant nor am I in the business of misdirection.
Old 12-10-2013, 04:04 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rk rear arms question

Somebody should make a bolt on track bar bracket for us that don't weld. My coils only bowed a little and the wedges do the job. The issue is with moving the axle back and raising the pinion.
Didn't know the stock perches can be reused. Good to know.
Old 12-10-2013, 04:06 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by kjeeper10
Somebody should make a bolt on track bar bracket for us that don't weld. My coils only bowed a little and the wedges do the job. The issue is with moving the axle back and raising the pinion.

the evo one posted earlier in this thread looks to be what your looking for. At least it looks bolt on...
Old 12-10-2013, 04:12 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Maertz
the evo one posted earlier in this thread looks to be what your looking for. At least it looks bolt on...
Referring to the frame side but does look like it would help.
Old 12-10-2013, 04:53 PM
JK Freak

Join a local club... making friends with people that can weld and are into Jeeps can't be a bad thing.

If one took this into a shop to complete... it's a couple of dollars in metal and maybe 30 minutes worth of work.
Old 12-10-2013, 04:59 PM
JK Junkie

I work in a machine shop. Been wanting to pick some brains and learn to weld.
Looking out for others mostly since this problem is posted a lot.
Old 12-10-2013, 05:41 PM
JK Freak

I work in a machine shop. Been wanting to pick some brains and learn to weld.
Looking out for others mostly since this problem is posted a lot.
It's really pretty easy to pick up the basics. Maybe ask a guy in your shop if he can teach you to lay a bead and use your TB mount as the example. It's really a great skill to have and will likely be a handy one for the rest of your life.

As for others... same suggestion applies to join a local club, get to know the folks, and offer to help others with their projects. Personally, I have seen some pretty amazing things that have been accomplished this way.... local club garage nights have built some pretty decent rigs, while others get minor/major fixes... while everyone gets to learn and participate. That is how I built mine... a lot of help from a lot of friends, most of whom are in my club. Subtract the beer and pizza and I saved tens of thousands over a shop doing the job. While saving money and the pride from building it yourself is amazing, the education and building of friendships was a far greater accomplishment.

Quick Reply: Rk rear arms question