Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

RK lift question

Old 02-22-2014, 01:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RK lift question

My rear passenger coil spring has been rubbing on the track rear track bar.
I have the angle spacers on right, its just barely rubbing. I just hear the noise sometimes going over large bumps and its kind of annoying.

Anyone else have this problem..the lift is a RK.3.5 mid arm on an unlimited JK.
Old 02-22-2014, 01:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

Your rear control arms are too long. That kit pushes your axle back.
Old 02-23-2014, 06:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

So i need to shorten them up a bit then?
All my control arms are adjustable. So if thats it, then thats no big deal then. I didnt notice any rubbing issues on the drivers side..
Thanks in advance
Old 05-25-2014, 06:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

didnt want to start a new thread, but i just had some 37s put on and they are wider then the previous tires.

anyway the upper control arms are rubbing the tire. Im going to loosen the nuts and roll them back toward the jeep to correct it. the jeep stuff is new to me so forgive me if this is stupid. Just wondering if there is anything to do to help keep them from rolling. I know they move due to the joint. guess just keep an eye on it.

The wheels i have are 9 inches wide and 4.5" of backspacing. tires are 37x12.50s trail grapplers
Old 05-25-2014, 06:54 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jeeptang
didnt want to start a new thread, but i just had some 37s put on and they are wider then the previous tires. anyway the upper control arms are rubbing the tire. Im going to loosen the nuts and roll them back toward the jeep to correct it. the jeep stuff is new to me so forgive me if this is stupid. Just wondering if there is anything to do to help keep them from rolling. I know they move due to the joint. guess just keep an eye on it. The wheels i have are 9 inches wide and 4.5" of backspacing. tires are 37x12.50s trail grapplers
Wait are you talking bout the rear upper control arms. If so then they are supposed to be rolled back towards the jeep. The bend should sit horizontal to the ground and bend in towards the frame.
Old 05-25-2014, 02:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

I fixed it today....Im sure I screwed it up when I installed it a few year back, but my tires were narrow enough I didn't have an issue. on the drivers rear side the bar was rolled out toward the tire. So I had to take it off and holy moly was those suckers seized.....another mistake I feel I made was to not coat the threads with anti seize. anyway, lesson learned.

Next id like to maybe get into the JKS rear coil spring brackets. Looks like those are a nice fix to the bend that I have in the coils. Also maybe something to relocate the track bar. JKS has some nice things I have been checking out.

Quick Reply: RK lift question