Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rk krawler joint

Old 11-07-2019, 08:06 AM
JK Newbie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Rk krawler joint

I was tightening the jam nuts on all my control arms after i got the jeep aligned and noticed that all the joints are loose and some joints have play in the and i only have 3 to 4k miles on the lift only on road use and while taking a look at the joints i noticed that all the balls in the joints have a rough finish is this normal for these joints
And how was your experience with RK lifts and their joints

Last edited by G.A.H; 11-07-2019 at 08:15 AM.
Old 11-07-2019, 09:55 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,932 Likes on 1,691 Posts

Originally Posted by G.A.H
And how was your experience with RK lifts and their joints
I have a feeling you know the flood gate you've just opened
Old 11-07-2019, 10:04 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by resharp001
I have a feeling you know the flood gate you've just opened
Yeah maybe but i really want to know if I'm the only one having problems with this lift ( from missing parts that got shipped back, to faulty front springs that got replaced, then the front trackbar, now the rear upper control arm joint)
Old 11-07-2019, 10:42 AM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

Let's try tagging @Rock Krawler Suspension and the other suggestion would be to give them a call with the number they gave you in the other thread. I do not have enough experience with their joints to give you any further info.
Old 11-07-2019, 10:48 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by karls10jk
Let's try tagging @Rock Krawler Suspension and the other suggestion would be to give them a call with the number they gave you in the other thread. I do not have enough experience with their joints to give you any further info.
I wish i can call them it will cost me a lot cause I'm not in the us and i really would like to know how was everyone else's experience with their lifts and joints so if you've ever had any of their products just let me know how did it work for you and if you had any problems with it
Old 11-07-2019, 10:54 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,932 Likes on 1,691 Posts

OP has been in the support thread and gotten the company line before. I think just looking for some unbiased opinions.
Old 11-07-2019, 10:58 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by resharp001
OP has been in the support thread and gotten the company line before. I think just looking for some unbiased opinions.
Yup that's right
Old 11-07-2019, 02:18 PM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

I have had and RK and never again. I have had two sets of rear coils sag and got the run around before they finally admitted they were sagged. on the second set I just threw in the towel and went a different route and never had another issue with sagging.
Old 11-07-2019, 09:53 PM
JK Super Freak
FJOTM Winner

Received 210 Likes on 197 Posts

I have Rock Krawler arms... and I used to have the joints too... I rebuilt them two times, replaced them once in a period of 8 years.
Now I'm replacing them with johnny joints from Currie. Get the right threads and joint width... etc... and then I'm threading them in to the Rock Crawler arms. No joint is free from needing some TLC now and again... there could be options that need it less... I'm gonna try the Currie joints this time.
Old 11-08-2019, 04:32 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Sunnysideup
I have Rock Krawler arms... and I used to have the joints too... I rebuilt them two times, replaced them once in a period of 8 years.
Now I'm replacing them with johnny joints from Currie. Get the right threads and joint width... etc... and then I'm threading them in to the Rock Crawler arms. No joint is free from needing some TLC now and again... there could be options that need it less... I'm gonna try the Currie joints this time.
How did you service them, and how where you able to tell that it's time to rebuild them ? And when you grease them how many pumps did they take cause most of them took like one or two pumps before i started feeling resistance and i stop pumping or should i keep going until i see grease coming out ?? Cause I'm scared on putting too much grease in and ruin the joints.

Quick Reply: Rk krawler joint