Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

RK front track bar hitting ARB diff cover. Help would be appreciated

Old 03-07-2015, 09:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RK front track bar hitting ARB diff cover. Help would be appreciated

Have RK 2.5 flex lift, ARtec truss and ARB diff cover. My front track bar is hitting my diff cover on about 1/4 inch of diff cover. I tried rotating my track bar forward but no dice. I was thinking of grinding the contact area on my diff cover. Any help would be great. Thanks.
Old 03-07-2015, 09:44 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Learo2000GT
Have RK 2.5 flex lift, ARtec truss and ARB diff cover. My front track bar is hitting my diff cover on about 1/4 inch of diff cover. I tried rotating my track bar forward but no dice. I was thinking of grinding the contact area on my diff cover. Any help would be great. Thanks.
2.5 might not be enough lift to clear that cover. I have heard of some guys having similar issue with the PS covers. Mine clears just fine with the 3.5
hopefully someone can give you some insight.
Old 03-07-2015, 12:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BrowniesJK
2.5 might not be enough lift to clear that cover. I have heard of some guys having similar issue with the PS covers. Mine clears just fine with the 3.5 hopefully someone can give you some insight.
Thanks.
Old 03-07-2015, 04:03 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have the same lift, well 2.5 x-factor, but I have the ARB diff cover too, no issues. But I have the front RK track bar that came with the x-factor lift.

Last edited by RoysRig; 03-07-2015 at 04:05 PM.
Old 03-07-2015, 10:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Same issue, but with Riddler covers. I sold the RK trackbar. No way around it. Stock track bar is fine.
Old 03-08-2015, 06:20 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by RoysRig
I have the same lift, well 2.5 x-factor, but I have the ARB diff cover too, no issues. But I have the front RK track bar that came with the x-factor lift.
I'm thinking his kit didn't come with upper and lower control arms. Mine is an X-Factor as well. I think I'd call RK and ask. That's a damn nice track bar to just toss aside. Just my $.02
Old 03-08-2015, 10:50 AM
JK Junkie

You probably extended your front axle too far with the adjustable arms. Bring it back a touch and make sure your pinion angle is correct.
Old 03-08-2015, 04:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks guys. I am going to check my pinion and pull some measures. I have the hi mount on the ARtec truss and I am mounted in lower hole which I am thinking is a bit lower them stock. The top hole gives me bump stear and I don't think I have enough room for drag link. Have to do some head scratching.
Old 03-09-2015, 08:43 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Learo2000GT
Thanks guys. I am going to check my pinion and pull some measures. I have the hi mount on the ARtec truss and I am mounted in lower hole which I am thinking is a bit lower them stock. The top hole gives me bump stear and I don't think I have enough room for drag link. Have to do some head scratching.
What size bump stops are you running ?
Old 03-09-2015, 12:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Clearance can be tricky when you get such beefed up items. I had to grind a little off my RK rear TB and my ARB Diff Cover, I've got photos in my WF build thread. My front axle cleared without mods. Like others have said I'd shorten all front control arms and pull the axle back some. Whats your caster, I believe if it's too low you'll run a higher risk of hitting your TB and Diff, mine's 3.5*.

Quick Reply: RK front track bar hitting ARB diff cover. Help would be appreciated