Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

RK 3.5 springs...what rear trackbar setup?

Old 10-10-2015, 07:37 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

It is the upper re-inforcement/brace that synergy offers, not the axle side trackbar bracket or the fact that you are flipping the draglink. Decide whether or not you want to run it before digging into which trackbars are bent the right way...
Old 10-10-2015, 08:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by nthinuf
It is the upper re-inforcement/brace that synergy offers, not the axle side trackbar bracket or the fact that you are flipping the draglink. Decide whether or not you want to run it before digging into which trackbars are bent the right way...
Well I'm definitely going to be running a flip kit....idk if RK or Synergy....but I need a trackbar before I buy that so I can run it without a flip for the time during which I'm waiting to buy the flip kit. So I need to know which trackbar works. Metalcloaks(179) has joints that probably will absorb impacts better than RK and not transfer that extra shock to the passenger compartment...whatever little it may be that is transferred. It's also not as expensive as synergy trackbar(225)

And from what I saw synergy does offer the axle side raised trackbar mount...
Old 10-10-2015, 08:20 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gnarly_mike
Well I'm definitely going to be running a flip kit....idk if RK or Synergy....but I need a trackbar before I buy that so I can run it without a flip for the time during which I'm waiting to buy the flip kit. So I need to know which trackbar works. Metalcloaks(179) has joints that probably will absorb impacts better than RK and not transfer that extra shock to the passenger compartment...whatever little it may be that is transferred. It's also not as expensive as synergy trackbar(225) And from what I saw synergy does offer the axle side raised trackbar mount...
Ok synergy drag link flip kit does indeed come with an axle side raised trackbar bracket. Not the sector shaft brace which I'm not sure why that was mentioned. And the raised trackbar bracket can definitely be purchased separately. The sector shaft brace is a completely separate piece that has nothing to do with the flip kit and it is the piece that is fitment issues with other trackbars. However both synergy and MC trackbars work with it. Also the MC TB will work with the flip kit so your good there.

Remember that you will have to pay shipping so that MC TB might be the same price as the Synergy when it's all said and done. The Synergy can be had from NR4X4 (I know you don't like) or maybe even River City Off-road for a discount and free shipping.

I personally would go with the Synergy drag link flip kit. Just don't forget the $10 knuckle adapter to go with it.
Old 10-10-2015, 08:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DunnyBunny
Ok synergy drag link flip kit does indeed come with an axle side raised trackbar bracket. Not the sector shaft brace which I'm not sure why that was mentioned. And the raised trackbar bracket can definitely be purchased separately. The sector shaft brace is a completely separate piece that has nothing to do with the flip kit and it is the piece that is fitment issues with other trackbars. However both synergy and MC trackbars work with it. Also the MC TB will work with the flip kit so your good there. Remember that you will have to pay shipping so that MC TB might be the same price as the Synergy when it's all said and done. The Synergy can be had from NR4X4 (I know you don't like) or maybe even River City Off-road for a discount and free shipping. I personally would go with the Synergy drag link flip kit. Just don't forget the $10 knuckle adapter to go with it.
Seeing as how NR4x4 is literally the only metalcloak dealer online that sells components, and one of like 3-5 that even sell metalcloak period, I will probably end up buying from them. They have free shipping on orders over $70 so. Shipping is of little concern.

I guess I'll use the metalcloak trackbar even if I have to buy it from them directly and pay shipping. Maybe I can call them and try to get em to send me the trackbar and the coils for a low shipping fee and save myself some money that way. Wont get my hopes up on that one though.

I also was leaning toward the Synergy flip kit as opposed to RK...

This should be a pretty badass lift once I'm finished. I don't think I'm gonna get better than metalcloak arms for a DD. Their joints seem to be the winner. The only thing is that they weld their ends instead of them being forged...I DID come across one picture of a busted end on an arm....but I think unless you're taking jumps that the arms will be fine. And I'm sure if I broke one like that picture I saw, metalcloak would handle it well, they have a very very highly spoken of level of customer service...they aren't a huge company yet like some of the others...so they're looking like a good choice overall.

I believe, when the time comes to waste money, I'll also run their fender flares. I was all set on PSC, I'm kind of a PSC fanboy (if you can't tell from my Jeep) but metalcloaks flares have always been second in my mind. And it's like some jeeps I like them and others I like PSC. Seeing as how PSC has sold out to the highest bidder and began doing things in ways to maximize production without retaining fitment and initial quality....I think I'm gonna go MC. They look great and probably provide a minimal amount of extra clearance over PSC too. The way I have my stock fenders chopped reflects the MC shape too, looks good.
Old 10-10-2015, 09:28 PM
JK Junkie

Seeing as how NR4x4 is literally the only metalcloak dealer online that sells components, and one of like 3-5 that even sell metalcloak period, I will probably end up buying from them. They have free shipping on orders over $70 so. Shipping is of little concern. I guess I'll use the metalcloak trackbar even if I have to buy it from them directly and pay shipping. Maybe I can call them and try to get em to send me the trackbar and the coils for a low shipping fee and save myself some money that way. Wont get my hopes up on that one though. I also was leaning toward the Synergy flip kit as opposed to RK... This should be a pretty badass lift once I'm finished. I don't think I'm gonna get better than metalcloak arms for a DD. Their joints seem to be the winner. The only thing is that they weld their ends instead of them being forged...I DID come across one picture of a busted end on an arm....but I think unless you're taking jumps that the arms will be fine. And I'm sure if I broke one like that picture I saw, metalcloak would handle it well, they have a very very highly spoken of level of customer service...they aren't a huge company yet like some of the others...so they're looking like a good choice overall. I believe, when the time comes to waste money, I'll also run their fender flares. I was all set on PSC, I'm kind of a PSC fanboy (if you can't tell from my Jeep) but metalcloaks flares have always been second in my mind. And it's like some jeeps I like them and others I like PSC. Seeing as how PSC has sold out to the highest bidder and began doing things in ways to maximize production without retaining fitment and initial quality....I think I'm gonna go MC. They look great and probably provide a minimal amount of extra clearance over PSC too. The way I have my stock fenders chopped reflects the MC shape too, looks good.
Crawler conceptz makes nice flares also. Nemesis does as well and actually MC has a new style out that is pretty sweet.

As far as welded vs forged. MC does have forged ends now.
Old 10-10-2015, 10:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Even better. I haven't actually even looked at their website for arms because I'm not even in the market for them yet.

I will say Crawler Conceptz has been my 3rd choice for flares, and I will DEFINITELY be getting their body mounted tire carrier when funds allow for it. I will be running the spare inside the cargo area til then. I have talked to a couple guys running that carrier who run 40s on it and have nothing but good things to say about it. I think it's an awesome design and a good alternative to the teraflex one or the expensive EVO/PSC ones.

If money was no issue I would probably run the PSC body mounted carrier. It looks slick.
Old 10-10-2015, 11:53 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by DunnyBunny
Not the sector shaft brace which I'm not sure why that was mentioned.
It is not all that uncommon for people running synergy front end components to get the upper trackbar mount as well as the lower. And oh, I'll go ahead and get the sector shaft brace since it bolts right into that mount. Correct? He was choosing between a synergy trackbar and one that I believe has clearance issues with that component. Since others here have found out after the fact that their trackbar didn't work, it was suggested that he research the entire setup before deciding...
Old 10-11-2015, 03:59 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by nthinuf
It is not all that uncommon for people running synergy front end components to get the upper trackbar mount as well as the lower. And oh, I'll go ahead and get the sector shaft brace since it bolts right into that mount. Correct? He was choosing between a synergy trackbar and one that I believe has clearance issues with that component. Since others here have found out after the fact that their trackbar didn't work, it was suggested that he research the entire setup before deciding...
Misread your post. I understand what you were saying now. My mistake. I did find it odd though coming from you the way I was reading it. Lol. My apologies.
Old 10-11-2015, 06:12 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 366 Likes on 290 Posts

So far this is my list.

MC coils-$406.33
AEV geo brackets- ~$100(guy on here selling new in box might Jew him down)
Rear TB bracket-?
Front trackbar-? (Haven't decided RK or Synergy)

...for shocks I will probably use some cheap ranchos at first while I save for the 6 packs for half a year lmao. Those babies are PRICEY. But definitely the best shock for this build without a question as far as I can tell...what say you Dirtman?

According to whoever's drag link flip kit is the cheaper between RK and Synergy, that's who I'll use for the front TB. Any complaints/comparisons of the two brands in those regards? Seem pretty similar to me
I don't care for the 6 pack shocks but its your jeep and you don't seem to like my advice anyway. 4" of lift and 37's is not a LCG build. I am going to bow out of your build and my thoughts on most stuff is already out there. BTW I was the one that a broke the metal cloak joint and they took care of it. I am not even sure if you can buy the welded ones anymore. Like I mentioned before, check the builder sites not the big lift companies for weld on brackets it will save you a lot since you seem to be on a budget.

Good luck with your build.
Old 10-11-2015, 08:53 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by TheDirtman
I don't care for the 6 pack shocks but its your jeep and you don't seem to like my advice anyway. 4" of lift and 37's is not a LCG build. I am going to bow out of your build and my thoughts on most stuff is already out there. BTW I was the one that a broke the metal cloak joint and they took care of it. I am not even sure if you can buy the welded ones anymore. Like I mentioned before, check the builder sites not the big lift companies for weld on brackets it will save you a lot since you seem to be on a budget. Good luck with your build.
All RH MC joints are forged now. You can get LH for custom arms and those are welded, however they have significantly improved the process. A welded steel joint should not break if welded correctly, so there was a failure in their process that was resolved.

I had the 6 packs. I have high regard for MC and still use their joints. Not a fan of the 6 packs. I broke several wheeling in the rocks and was constantly landing on the nitrogen fill valve and breaking it off. No nitrogen, no shock.

You also need to recharge them every few months. For some reason, people aren't aware of that. Expect to drop $400 for a nitrogen setup. The shocks have to be fully extended when charging (kind of a PITA). In the last month alone I've run into 3 people with them and within seconds I could tell they're shocks were very low on nitrogen. Bad part is that if you don't keep them charged, you will damage them internally. $100 every time MC has to rebuild your shock.

Quick Reply: RK 3.5 springs...what rear trackbar setup?