Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

RK 3.5 springs...what rear trackbar setup?

Old 10-10-2015, 05:08 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Look in the 240 page metalcloak thread, plenty of pics. But here is one I took for someone else who was asking about height and wheel well clearance. Stock flares and 37" Falkens

Click image for larger version

Name:	MC 3.5 stock flares 37 falken.JPG
Views:	61
Size:	312.6 KB
ID:	626940

Last edited by nthinuf; 10-10-2015 at 05:11 PM.
Old 10-10-2015, 06:31 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Forum code brings it to $286 just FYI

Edit nvm just saw all the above posts about NR

Last edited by stevejku14; 10-10-2015 at 06:35 PM.
Old 10-10-2015, 06:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by stevejku14
Forum code brings it to $286 just FYI Edit nvm just saw all the above posts about NR
What's the forum code? I'm trying to find the cheapest place to get metalcloak coils shipped.....want to avoid Northridge if possible. Guess I can ask the guy i know but idk what he will be able to do on those. Not a widely bought product
Old 10-10-2015, 06:46 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gnarly_mike
What's the forum code? I'm trying to find the cheapest place to get metalcloak coils shipped.....want to avoid Northridge if possible. Guess I can ask the guy i know but idk what he will be able to do on those. Not a widely bought product
Oh there isn't a code for MC for any vendor. Their prices are set by MC. The reason you see it higher at NR4x4 is because that price will include shipping. The MC price on their site does not include shipping.
Old 10-10-2015, 06:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DunnyBunny
Oh there isn't a code for MC for any vendor. Their prices are set by MC. The reason you see it higher at NR4x4 is because that price will include shipping. The MC price on their site does not include shipping.
Yeah I figured that out but I hate them and don't want to give them any business after they screwed me out of the RK x-factor I was set on buying back in July.

If I can find any other dealer with comparable price then I'll use them.

Spending $400+ just for coils is gonna be a little painful but hopefully it's worth it in the end.
Old 10-10-2015, 06:52 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

If you aren't looking to order right away, wait for the next sale weekend. Sign up for the mailing list or check their facebook page every couple days.

post 34

Metalcloak has a small military/veteran discount, if you happen to qualify, and also free shipping weekends and occasional other discounts. Won't come close to the price you found for RK coils, but it's better than full price plus shipping.
Old 10-10-2015, 07:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nthinuf
If you aren't looking to order right away, wait for the next sale weekend. Sign up for the mailing list or check their facebook page every couple days. post 34
I'll be ordering the springs Monday or Tuesday.

So guys, what rear trackbar bracket do you all suggest with my direction? Were a few different responses. I'm looking for a weld on, ~3" raised mount position.

Also want to spend as little as possible on that bracket.
Old 10-10-2015, 07:04 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

post 20
Old 10-10-2015, 07:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

So far this is my list.

MC coils-$406.33
AEV geo brackets- ~$100(guy on here selling new in box might Jew him down)
Rear TB bracket-?
Front trackbar-? (Haven't decided RK or Synergy)

...for shocks I will probably use some cheap ranchos at first while I save for the 6 packs for half a year lmao. Those babies are PRICEY. But definitely the best shock for this build without a question as far as I can tell...what say you Dirtman?

According to whoever's drag link flip kit is the cheaper between RK and Synergy, that's who I'll use for the front TB. Any complaints/comparisons of the two brands in those regards? Seem pretty similar to me
Old 10-10-2015, 07:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

It seems Synergy's trackbar is more expensive than RK, but RKs flip kit is more expensive than Synergy.

Can I use the metalcloak trackbar with the synergy flip kit? One would assume there are no issues there? Anybody know for sure?

Quick Reply: RK 3.5 springs...what rear trackbar setup?