Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

RK 3.5 springs...what rear trackbar setup?

Old 10-10-2015, 12:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DunnyBunny
Hm. Prices went up some then. I have noticed they fluctuate their prices constantly on different products. Maybe RK increased their prices so they had to also. Idk. I know I got mine new from them for around the price the other guy quoted.
Idr if it's krawloffroad or river city offroad, but there are a few different places selling RK for 139.99 per set with free shipping on orders so it comes out to $280. I can't find metalcloak for less than $406 at Northridge for jku 3.5 true dual rate springs
Old 10-10-2015, 01:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DunnyBunny
Hm. Prices went up some then. I have noticed they fluctuate their prices constantly on different products. Maybe RK increased their prices so they had to also. Idk. I know I got mine new from them for around the price the other guy quoted.
And honestly Northridge can suck my ****ing dick. I was about to buy RK X factor mid arm with fox 2.0 remote reservoir shocks back in July had it in my cart and they had it advertised as a total price of like $2099.99 and then I put money in the bank and went to order it, my cart was empty, website still had all the sale ads and stuff up, the price was listed the same when you clicked the product and added the shocks, then when I added to my cart and went to check out it kept saying 2499.99 and I emailed them multiple times about it and received not one response. Their website was this way for 24 hours or more. And when I checked back of the times I repeatedly checked the site during this time, they changed everything back to non sale pricing. And it was back at being listed as 2499.99 total with the shocks. I never bought anything from them for that reason. **** them. Guess they thought I'd buy it anyways so they ignored me and pretty much had false advertisement and stuff. I then emailed them again about what they had done and again, got no response whatsoever.

I will avoid them at all costs. Unless they beat someone by multiple hundreds of dollars in pricing then they can get ****ed. Sorry but that incident really infuriated me. Had been up 3 days trying to decide and finally pull the trigger then when I went to do it it was like they were trying to steal from me. They had those prices up for two weeks or so while I debated and then when I was ready the cart prices showed $4-500 more expensive pricing. When their site had all the sale shit still up. I bought my tires instead new for $342/tire which are sitting in my shed. 37x12.5 trail grapplers
Old 10-10-2015, 01:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by gnarly_mike
And honestly Northridge can suck my ****ing dick. I was about to buy RK X factor mid arm with fox 2.0 remote reservoir shocks back in July had it in my cart and they had it advertised as a total price of like $2099.99 and then I put money in the bank and went to order it, my cart was empty, website still had all the sale ads and stuff up, the price was listed the same when you clicked the product and added the shocks, then when I added to my cart and went to check out it kept saying 2499.99 and I emailed them multiple times about it and received not one response. Their website was this way for 24 hours or more. And when I checked back of the times I repeatedly checked the site during this time, they changed everything back to non sale pricing. And it was back at being listed as 2499.99 total with the shocks. I never bought anything from them for that reason. **** them. Guess they thought I'd buy it anyways so they ignored me and pretty much had false advertisement and stuff. I then emailed them again about what they had done and again, got no response whatsoever. I will avoid them at all costs. Unless they beat someone by multiple hundreds of dollars in pricing then they can get ****ed. Sorry but that incident really infuriated me. Had been up 3 days trying to decide and finally pull the trigger then when I went to do it it was like they were trying to steal from me. They had those prices up for two weeks or so while I debated and then when I was ready the cart prices showed $4-500 more expensive pricing. When their site had all the sale shit still up. I bought my tires instead new for $342/tire which are sitting in my shed. 37x12.5 trail grapplers
I tell EVERYONE about that too, because I almost ordered it and got totally ****ed into paying $4-500 more than advertised price. It didn't show up right away and wasn't what was shown in multiple places after multiple clicks on their page. Made me extremely angry. I now talk to a guy with a small shop who will get me the best pieces on stuff that he can. He isn't Northridge with a monopoly on the entire 4x4 market so he can't always beat prices of everyone but he will match them at least. And if he can't then he tells me who is cheapest. Overlandjeepgear on IG. Good dude. Got my EVO c-gussets from him and something else I can't remember.
Old 10-10-2015, 01:07 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Metalcloak has a small military/veteran discount, if you happen to qualify, and also free shipping weekends and occasional other discounts. Won't come close to the price you found for RK coils, but it's better than full price plus shipping.

River City Offroad was mentioned above, Marcus can get some pretty good deals and might be worth calling. Don't know if he deals with metalcloak though.

Last edited by nthinuf; 10-10-2015 at 01:09 PM.
Old 10-10-2015, 01:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

For NR4x4 to completely ignore my multiple emails about it just proved they knew exactly what they did and didn't give a ****. You get that big and stop caring about customers or customer service. Kind of like how I hear Yukon gear has started using inferior materials to make their stuff and their quality and quality control has gone down the drain because they got too big. I'll be using revolution gear when I buy gears. Will be going 4.88. 3.6 motor and smaller carrier up front don't wanna go "higher" than that.
Old 10-10-2015, 01:42 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Krawl offroad price is $318 for RK 3.5" coils. Everyone has the 1.5" coils for 139 and add $20 for 3.5". At any point did you call Northridge when you didn't get an email? Or did you maybe call them and ask if they could help you out with the sale pricing?

Last edited by JE8154; 10-10-2015 at 01:46 PM.
Old 10-10-2015, 01:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JE8154
Krawl offroad price is $318 for RK 3.5" coils.
Well like I said I don't remember what site it was without going back to look, but there is more than one place selling em for 139.99. eBay had em for that too if I recall correctly. I remember most sites were saying 139 or 159 depending on 2.5-3.5 then I found a few sites with them all listed at 139.99.

I'm interested in metalcloak still but I just don't know if it's worth the extra cost
Old 10-10-2015, 02:23 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by TheDirtman
MC coils have more then 1" more free travel then the RK, not sure why choose the RK?
I keep reading that MC coils have the longest free length, but hadn't seen any actual measurements posted. Just looked at their respective sites and found:

MC 3.5" - front 21 7/8", rear 19 1/2" -- (7/8 = .875)
RK 3.5" - front 20.00", rear 17.375"

So MC free length is 1.875" longer up front and 2.125" longer in the rear. That seems to be a fairly significant amount, assuming you actually use it.

Last edited by nthinuf; 10-10-2015 at 02:25 PM.
Old 10-10-2015, 04:28 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by nthinuf
I keep reading that MC coils have the longest free length, but hadn't seen any actual measurements posted. Just looked at their respective sites and found: MC 3.5" - front 21 7/8", rear 19 1/2" -- (7/8 = .875) RK 3.5" - front 20.00", rear 17.375" So MC free length is 1.875" longer up front and 2.125" longer in the rear. That seems to be a fairly significant amount, assuming you actually use it.
A significant amount indeed especially for someone who is wanting a lcg build with as much flex as possible. Paired with the right shocks and bumps and you can have some really nice flex with a nice lcg build=one sweet rig.
Old 10-10-2015, 04:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Well guess I'm going to spend the extra money for the metalcloak 3.5s. Hopefully I put that extra free length to use. Anyone with pictures of their jku sitting on these coils?

Quick Reply: RK 3.5 springs...what rear trackbar setup?