Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

RK 3.5 flex has arrived!

Old 07-30-2013, 05:40 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RK 3.5 flex has arrived!

So my RK 3.5" lift has arrived. Just waiting on bump stops before it goes in. Any suggestions to make things go smoother? 13JKUR auto, bilstein 5100, 4.10, going to 35" Nitto Trail Grappler or Cooper STT. I like the STT for the weight saving and I run them on my Silverado and like them. I also ordered the exhaust spacer and 2" bumps stops for 35s and factory flares. Does anyone's experience see that I am missing something. Looking forward to the install. Will post pics when I have them.
Old 07-30-2013, 06:26 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Does the kit come with extended brake lines or extension brackets. How about track bars or trackbar brackets. The last thing does it come with arms you will need caster and pinion angle corrections. Sorry just not familiar with the kit
Old 07-30-2013, 06:27 PM
JK Super Freak

Oh yeah you may have to trim your pinch seams
Old 07-30-2013, 06:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

You should have got the front driveshaft instead, but change it out when it does go. Trim pinch seam and rubi rails 2", cut or remove front wind dam, stubby bumper mod or buy a stubby, quick discos, and something for your stock gate if you don't have a tire carrier already!
Old 07-31-2013, 12:27 AM
JK Newbie

Great tips. The kit does have extended brake lines all the way around, front track bar, rear bracket relocate bracket. Also going with rear bumper and carrier. Looking at the ace cause I like the swing out carrier with tailgate and to be honest the price. However not real excited on the lead times that I am hearing. May just bite the bullet and get the new poisen spyder. Want to make sure I have everything situated with the lift before I lay down the cash for the bumpers though. Will definitely have to watch the pinch seem and rubi rails. Thanks!
Old 07-31-2013, 02:26 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Triple check the parts in your kit to make sure you are not missing anything. Sure is a PITA to find out you are missing some hardware once you have ripped apart your Jeep.

Old 07-31-2013, 02:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BenjepN
Great tips. The kit does have extended brake lines all the way around, front track bar, rear bracket relocate bracket. Also going with rear bumper and carrier. Looking at the ace cause I like the swing out carrier with tailgate and to be honest the price. However not real excited on the lead times that I am hearing. May just bite the bullet and get the new poisen spyder. Want to make sure I have everything situated with the lift before I lay down the cash for the bumpers though. Will definitely have to watch the pinch seem and rubi rails. Thanks!
The new rockbrawler 2 from poison spyder is what I will be buying. People with 40" spares have no noises or problems with this setup at all.
Old 07-31-2013, 05:24 AM
JK Super Freak

Beer.... You forgot to mention it, and you'll need plenty!
Old 07-31-2013, 09:36 AM
JK Freak

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Ditto on just going with a driveshaft and skipping the spacers. Doesn't the flex come with control arms? RK moves the rear end back an inch with their arms. No pinch seam cutting.

P.S. FWIW, I have 3" stops on the same setup and couldn't go any less without getting into rubbing and shock issues.

Last edited by fredrok; 07-31-2013 at 09:45 AM.
Old 07-31-2013, 11:31 AM
JK Super Freak

Depending on what version of the 3.5" kit you got, you may need to relocate your rear sway bar back an inch (the X-factor version has you do this...not sure on the Flex). So have a couple of good 5/16" drill bits handy as drilling out the holes is a pain. If you got the kit that does relocate your sway bar, no need to trim the pinch seam (as already mentioned) since your rear axle gets pushed back an inch to give you that clearance. Also, you may need to drill out holes for spring retainers (I did for my front coils) so have drill bits available for that as well.

So have good drill bits and PB blaster to keep the bit cool and lubricated. A small step in the install process but takes a crap load of time!

I run 3" bumpstops with 35's and still rub on stock flares so you are going to have issues I think.

Quick Reply: RK 3.5 flex has arrived!