Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

RK 2.5 vs 3.5 with 37's

Old 07-19-2013, 06:24 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RiverCityOffroad
I'm running the 3.5 X-Factor with 37" MTZs and Poison Spyder narrow flares. I've toyed with the idea of dropping back down to 2.5 coils, but I really like the way it sits with the 3.5 coils.

Here it is with stock flares:

Hey there, I just recently bought my first JKU a few months ago('13 Sahara) and have been looking into lifts and tires ever since. I think I've settled on 37s and a RK lift, but I'm not sure whether to go 2.5 or 3.5. From your pics I really like the look of your jeep, but my main concern, as it will be a DD, is how functional will it be? How tall is the step up into the Jeep? I realize it's going to be bigger but I don't know if I want to feel like I'm scaling a rock wall every time I have to go somewhere, haha. I'm about 6'2" and can step up into my jeep easily now. ANy insight on this would be greatly appreciated, it's been difficult to make an educated decision just from pics on the forum, I don't know alot of fellow jeepers in my area that I can compare rigs with to figure out exactly which direction I want to go.
Old 07-19-2013, 09:19 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I daily drive my 2013 JKUR on 37's and a RK 3.5 Max Travel kit. Yes it does drive different and you have to be more mindful of your surroundings but you have to expect that. As far as getting in the Jeep, I am 6'4'' and kind of have to hop into the Jeep while pulling on the steering wheel. Obviously sliders with a step would make the entry easier. But I wouldn't worry about it being a hastle as a daily driver. Mine works just fine.
Old 07-20-2013, 05:51 AM
CT2
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Like some have posted weight should be factored in IMO when picking a lift. Empty..well with normal parts I carry all the time the JK weighs 5600lbs tank full, no driver. Once loaded for camping I lost 1-1.5". This resulted in more belly dragging and bottoming out the suspension. So made changes to the RK 3.5 X Factor Plus System by swaping to their 5.5" coils and longer shocks. Empty gained 2". No change in street driving noticed and will see just how it works out next week.

Before and after pictures.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0780.jpg
Views:	206
Size:	53.1 KB
ID:	479897   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1136.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	65.9 KB
ID:	479898