Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

RK 2.5" max travel extra parts?

Old 08-27-2014, 05:55 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RK 2.5" max travel extra parts?

is there anything else I may need for an rk 2.5" max travel kit than what comes with it? as some of yall know I got the kit used and had to order some parts for it already heres a list of what I have in my possession:
front lower control arms
front springs
rear lower control arms
shocks (sore subject with me at the moment)
rear springs
brake lines (not RK's but made for a 4-6" lift so should be plenty long)
front track bar
rear track bar bracket

that is everything that comes with the RK kit that I can find, I am hoping that the shocks will be here today or tomorrow since they have been gone since at least 7/16. I am not sure exactly what day they were sent out but I know at that point they were gone.
Old 08-27-2014, 06:15 AM
JK Newbie

I am running the same lift, the only others things that I have that you did not list are:
-extended front sway bar links (you can use the stock rear ones in the front, but you will need new rears)
-coil wedges for the rear coil perch (keeps the springs from bowing, but adds a touch more lift in the back)
-spring retainer clips or hose clamps to keep the springs in place while flexing
-I also put on the grade 8 shouldered bolt kit that northridge sells

I hope this helps
-Kenny

Last edited by Kendog; 08-27-2014 at 06:23 AM.
Old 08-27-2014, 06:25 AM
JK Freak

I actually have the links. I knew I was missing something in that list lol. Correction wedges and clips don't come with the kit, are they absolutely important you think?
Old 08-27-2014, 06:34 AM
JK Newbie

If you plan on flexing your truck on the trail I would definitely put something on there to keep the springs from falling off. The wedges just keep the springs from bowing, lots of people run without them. I forgot to mention you will also need bump stop extensions on all 4 corners, without those the suspension will flex up too much ramming your wheel into your fender. What wheel and tire combo are you going to run?
Old 08-27-2014, 06:38 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Baddkarmaracing
I actually have the links. I knew I was missing something in that list lol. Correction wedges and clips don't come with the kit, are they absolutely important you think?
Not absolutely. You can use hose clamps for the clips. And the wedges well not necessary but help with the bow of the coils. One thing I saw that was missing though is extended bump stops but get it installed, flex it, then measure how long you need for extensions. Otherwise your pretty much set.
Old 08-27-2014, 06:46 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by DunnyBunny
Not absolutely. You can use hose clamps for the clips. And the wedges well not necessary but help with the bow of the coils. One thing I saw that was missing though is extended bump stops but get it installed, flex it, then measure how long you need for extensions. Otherwise your pretty much set.
that was my plan with the bump extensions, will put it on my buddies RTI ramp when the lift is installed and see how much bump I need. I kinda doubt I will need much because of tires rubbing since im running 33's but maybe something else will hit. I will wait and order the clips and wedges after I see what I need to do about bumps. I knew they came with the X-factor and planned on doing them when I change upper arms but will do it all earlier now.
Old 08-27-2014, 08:18 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Kendog
What wheel and tire combo are you going to run?
Running stock wheels with ~33" BFG km2s and spidertrax spacers.
Old 08-27-2014, 08:29 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Baddkarmaracing
Running stock wheels with ~33" BFG km2s and spidertrax spacers.
May need to adjust steering stops some. I rub my lower control arm on the passenger side and I'm running 4.5" backspacing on 35s. You may be ok.
Old 08-27-2014, 09:01 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by DunnyBunny
May need to adjust steering stops some. I rub my lower control arm on the passenger side and I'm running 4.5" backspacing on 35s. You may be ok.
I do not rub anything at the moment other than the factory plastic "skid plate" stock and appear to have plenty of clearance to the factory arms but will keep an eye on everything when I put the lift on for sure

Quick Reply: RK 2.5" max travel extra parts?