Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

River Raider Skid Wearing Away Edge Of Tranny Pan...

Old 07-16-2011, 08:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah mine came with a small bracket for the trans lines, but they don't like to stay in there. Like you have already experienced, those lines are tuff to re-route and I had to do some rigging for them to stay in the bracket they provided. And because it is now pulled out about 3/4" away from it's original position, the hard lines by the pitman was touching the pitman arm itself. I had to do some very careful bending for it to clear.
Old 07-16-2011, 07:48 PM
JK Super Freak

still appreciate the feedback guys. If you have this problem with the bottom of the tranny pan and or other issues, please give River Raider a call - I dont want to be the only one making a fuss about this.
Old 07-16-2011, 08:09 PM
JK Freak

i was just about to buy their transmission skid until i saw this thread, looks like i gotta find somewhere else to get a tranny skid
Old 07-24-2011, 08:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by WhiskyPirate
still appreciate the feedback guys. If you have this problem with the bottom of the tranny pan and or other issues, please give River Raider a call - I dont want to be the only one making a fuss about this.
I don't have their skid so I can only speak with my dollars. I am a little sad though because, mount wise, it looked like the best bet. Its not inexpensive tho so maybe the Rancho oil pan skid will be what I choose. That doesn't leave me with anything for the transmission tho. Maybe one of those heavy duty pans? I don't really want to transfer all the shock of some stupid driving maneuver to the motor and would rather hit a skid with a little space in between.
Old 07-28-2011, 07:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Got stuck in a hole last weekend. Went to do an oil change tonight and found this
Soft-packed sand, filled all the skids. Might need some drain holes next time they come off.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4069718108.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	36.0 KB
ID:	187281  

Quick Reply: River Raider Skid Wearing Away Edge Of Tranny Pan...