Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

River Raider Aluminum Half Doors

Old 03-11-2013, 10:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default River Raider Aluminum Half Doors

I did a search on these before posting but it only came up with posts that were 2+ years old.

Anyway, did anyone get a set of the River Raider aluminum half doors? Do they really work with the stock upper doors? Do they have locks? I want to get a set of either these or the OEM half doors and Linex them so I can just throw them in the back. If you have a set, let me know what you think.
Old 03-11-2013, 12:02 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by snags922
I did a search on these before posting but it only came up with posts that were 2+ years old.

Anyway, did anyone get a set of the River Raider aluminum half doors? Do they really work with the stock upper doors? Do they have locks? I want to get a set of either these or the OEM half doors and Linex them so I can just throw them in the back. If you have a set, let me know what you think.
Snags922,

River Raider never went into full production of the doors due to low demand. So the only way to get them would be to call and have them custom made, which would be pretty expensive, I would guess. There is a lot of options for Half/Tube Doors from Rugged Ridge, Bestop, and Warrior Products. All 3 brands make a half door that are very light and durable.

Rugged Ridge makes a factory style half door that you can get a soft upper for. They are styled to look like an OEM half door, but for a lot less money. Bestop makes a full soft door like you would see on an older CJ, where it is all cloth. They are extremely light but, are the least secure. Warrior makes a half door as well, but it does not accept an upper window.

If you have any questions, shoot me a PM and I'll help you out!

-Zach
Old 03-11-2013, 12:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ExtremeTerrain
Snags922,

River Raider never went into full production of the doors due to low demand. So the only way to get them would be to call and have them custom made, which would be pretty expensive, I would guess. There is a lot of options for Half/Tube Doors from Rugged Ridge, Bestop, and Warrior Products. All 3 brands make a half door that are very light and durable.

Rugged Ridge makes a factory style half door that you can get a soft upper for. They are styled to look like an OEM half door, but for a lot less money. Bestop makes a full soft door like you would see on an older CJ, where it is all cloth. They are extremely light but, are the least secure. Warrior makes a half door as well, but it does not accept an upper window.

If you have any questions, shoot me a PM and I'll help you out!

-Zach
Zach,
The reason I was going to go with the OEM doors is because I heard stories on this forum of people getting their Jeep flooded with other doors and the uppers flapping around at highway speeds. I originally wanted to just get Bestop soft doors and uppers but I'm not quite ready to Linex the inside of my 2012 Rubicon - maybe in a couple years. Then I heard the OEM uppers are great because they don't leak or flap around at highway speeds - the OEM uppers only work with the OEM doors.

Last edited by snags922; 03-11-2013 at 12:36 PM.

Quick Reply: River Raider Aluminum Half Doors