Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

RIPPMODS Supercharger Installed

Old 01-26-2009, 10:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RIPPMODS Supercharger Installed

i found out what the problem was, turns out i messed up the wiring, anyways its all sorted now, amazing peice of kit, and the power is AMAZING, cant wait to take it to the dunes this weekend, hope will have time to take some pics and vids of the JK in action.....

Thanks Rippmods for helping me out.... now time to go have some fun
Old 01-26-2009, 10:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

Good luck. Please let us know how you like it.
Old 01-26-2009, 10:10 AM
Former Member

What's the total cost of the RIPP? Installed, extra parts, etc?
Old 01-26-2009, 10:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

ill let you know how it is

well i live in dubai... so shipping and taxes were added to the basic kit, i installed it myself, so no cost there... but i wouldnt recomend installing it your self... i messed up my wiring like 3 times before i got it right....
Old 01-26-2009, 12:20 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SLeepY_BoY
ill let you know how it is

well i live in dubai... so shipping and taxes were added to the basic kit, i installed it myself, so no cost there... but i wouldnt recomend installing it your self... i messed up my wiring like 3 times before i got it right....
Glad to see you have it up and running.

now... LETS SEE SOME PICS!!!! (preferably flying over a sand dune) lol
Old 01-26-2009, 01:17 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would like to see how much this affects MPG. It increases MPG like a turbo usually does right?
Old 01-26-2009, 01:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bigbluejk
I would like to see how much this affects MPG. It increases MPG like a turbo usually does right?
well, i don't know from experience but, if your shoving way more air into that throttle body u gotta put more fuel in it to keep if from leaning out and burning ur pistons. Might not help fuel milage at all. Might get worse. Most high performance mods seem to adversely affect MPG.
Old 01-26-2009, 01:36 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by hawgrider1200
well, i don't know from experience but, if your shoving way more air into that throttle body u gotta put more fuel in it to keep if from leaning out and burning ur pistons. Might not help fuel milage at all. Might get worse. Most high performance mods seem to adversely affect MPG.
Hmm. usually turbo charged engines see a significant reduction in fuel consumption in my experience. That is unless you are foot buried in the pedal all the time. I could have experience that is the exception though?
Old 01-26-2009, 01:59 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

You will notice a 2-6mpg increase. We have tested for fuel consumption and logged a 6mpg increase ( mind you we were going for the best millage possible)
If your driving the JK around normal, you will notice a 2-4mpg increase easily

On a side note, Our blower kit that was testing millage is actually for sale on ebay (your chance to get a lightly used kit for really dirt cheap)
Old 01-26-2009, 04:20 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by RIPPMODS
You will notice a 2-6mpg increase. We have tested for fuel consumption and logged a 6mpg increase ( mind you we were going for the best millage possible)
If your driving the JK around normal, you will notice a 2-4mpg increase easily

On a side note, Our blower kit that was testing millage is actually for sale on ebay (your chance to get a lightly used kit for really dirt cheap)
Have to love a huge power gain that pays for itself!!! That is one thing the Hemi does not do.

If I wasn't poor I would be all over the one on ebay!!! You guys have a good reputation, I bet that one even has some type of warranty even though it is used huh? If someone wants to buy it for me I will write an unbiased thorough report comparing gas mileage and power to my stock JK.

Last edited by bigbluejk; 01-26-2009 at 04:26 PM.

Quick Reply: RIPPMODS Supercharger Installed