Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rippmods headers on 2011 rubicon - any issues???

Old 07-08-2011, 08:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rippmods headers on 2011 rubicon - any issues???

Any one with RIPPMODS Headers on 2011 Rubicon???? Since the Diablo tuner is not available for 2011, are there any check engine issues after installing these headers???
Old 07-08-2011, 08:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Yes my CEL is on and the error code I am getting is 420 and 430 ( code for a bad converter )
Old 07-08-2011, 08:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by HLKSTER
Yes my CEL is on and the error code I am getting is 420 and 430 ( code for a bad converter )
Is there any issue with performance?
Old 07-09-2011, 05:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

No issues that I can tell
Old 07-09-2011, 05:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have a SC ordered from RIPP and I am hoping that the new programming will take care of the CEL. Worst case would be that the converter is actually bad but not sure how to tell. I have taken it to the jeep dealer and they couldn't give me any answers about the CEL. I was going to contact RIPP to see if they think it's a bad cat that's tripping the CEL and to see if others are having similar issues.
Old 07-09-2011, 05:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

I'm set on getting the headers if there is no performance issue, I could deal with a check light on!
Old 07-09-2011, 06:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have a scan gauge so I can at least clear the CEL to make sure there are no other issues that are tripping the CEL light
Old 07-11-2011, 06:33 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HLKSTER
I have a SC ordered from RIPP and I am hoping that the new programming will take care of the CEL. Worst case would be that the converter is actually bad but not sure how to tell. I have taken it to the jeep dealer and they couldn't give me any answers about the CEL. I was going to contact RIPP to see if they think it's a bad cat that's tripping the CEL and to see if others are having similar issues.
The cats we use in our headers are designed for turbo application - internally they are made with Stainless steel - Our JK exhaust don't get anywhere near as hot to burn one up - It defiantly tuning - as soon as we can scale the ECU its corrected.

RIPPTECH

Quick Reply: Rippmods headers on 2011 rubicon - any issues???