Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Ripped Off By Fellow Member - Mike Wales

Old 03-21-2016, 08:05 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by shawnphi1
Can u guys give ur reviews of the TD2? I'm debating on that or the new flash pak F5 and trying to justify the price difference to the wife!! Any reviews of the new F5 would be good too!
I like my TD2 a lot so far. it was irritating that i had to do the extra E waiver and down load to turn my tpms sensors off but after that it was easy. havent done much else with it yet except use the guages to see the realtime data.
Old 03-21-2016, 08:40 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looking at his facebook he hardly looks like a guy that would intentionally scam someone out a measly $200. I recently sold the same programmer to a board member and I too almost forgot to reset it. If you adjust the tire/TPMS and add a tune you have to go back and reset all the additional features as well as removing the tune or it stays VIN locked. I just happened to read a thread about someone who had the same thing happen to them or I'd likely have done the same.

However I don't have an answer to why he won't respond (not familiar with facebook messaging) but calling the guy a POS, scammer and posting his info can have some pretty harsh consequences and do a lot of damage so I hope for both of you that this isn't just a misunderstanding or a guy that had something come up. Hope it works out for you.
Old 03-21-2016, 09:08 AM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by SpicedCrusher
Looking at his facebook he hardly looks like a guy that would intentionally scam someone out a measly $200. I recently sold the same programmer to a board member and I too almost forgot to reset it. If you adjust the tire/TPMS and add a tune you have to go back and reset all the additional features as well as removing the tune or it stays VIN locked. I just happened to read a thread about someone who had the same thing happen to them or I'd likely have done the same.

However I don't have an answer to why he won't respond (not familiar with facebook messaging) but calling the guy a POS, scammer and posting his info can have some pretty harsh consequences and do a lot of damage so I hope for both of you that this isn't just a misunderstanding or a guy that had something come up. Hope it works out for you.
Seems like the buyer has tried and failed to get a response so I think sometimes it is necessary to make the issue public. If for no other reason than to protect other unsuspecting buyers. If it is an or was an honest mistake I think a month is long enough to have rectified the problem.
Old 03-21-2016, 10:06 AM
JK Freak

Not disagreeing with that at all. Getting scammed sucks and I have been there on more then one occasion. Just saying as frustrating as getting ripped off is calling someone a piece of shit and what not is not really necessary. I don't use facebook but this should also be a learning lesson to anyone to use a different email so that pictures of your family and stuff don't get spread all around. Better yet just get rid of facebook!! To the OP I hope you can get a hold of the seller and either fix the problem or get your money back. I am hoping that this is just a misunderstanding but as you said jadmt a month is a long time...
Old 03-21-2016, 03:29 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by shabbernigdo
I like my TD2 a lot so far. it was irritating that i had to do the extra E waiver and down load to turn my tpms sensors off but after that it was easy. havent done much else with it yet except use the guages to see the realtime data.
??????????????
I did not have to do a download. The waiver site was having problems, so I called Superchips and gave them my mailing info. and Serial number. They gave me the code and all I had to do was input the unlock code.
Old 03-21-2016, 08:58 PM
JK Newbie

Not disagreeing with that at all. Getting scammed sucks and I have been there on more then one occasion. Just saying as frustrating as getting ripped off is calling someone a piece of shit and what not is not really necessary. I don't use facebook but this should also be a learning lesson to anyone to use a different email so that pictures of your family and stuff don't get spread all around. Better yet just get rid of facebook!! To the OP I hope you can get a hold of the seller and either fix the problem or get your money back. I am hoping that this is just a misunderstanding but as you said jadmt a month is a long time...

First of all, all of the info I published is very public - there is no consequences to listing someone's name and non-private facebook page. Second, I'm posting this for a plethora of reasons
- Don't trust people on this forum just because they're fellow jeepers and be the "nice guy" that Paypal's money as a friend to save the seller a couple bucks
- If this guy comes up with more for sale ads steer clear
- The seller promptly responded to emails within minutes when I inquired about the programmer, now he's "off the grid" for over a month .... who doesn't have access to email over a months period, especially when your job is working on a computer for the Air Force.

I also posted this thinking maybe some other forum member would chime in, drop him a note and it would motivate him to make this right - no idea if it's happened, but at this point I've chalked it up to a loss and wanted to make sure others thought twice. I've bought 2 used programmers for different vehicles, both have had issues, it's not worth it... pony up the extra $ and buy something new, avoid the headaches.
Old 03-21-2016, 09:31 PM
DJ1
Former Member

Originally Posted by randomhero199
First of all, all of the info I published is very public - there is no consequences to listing someone's name and non-private facebook page. Second, I'm posting this for a plethora of reasons
- Don't trust people on this forum just because they're fellow jeepers and be the "nice guy" that Paypal's money as a friend to save the seller a couple bucks
- If this guy comes up with more for sale ads steer clear
- The seller promptly responded to emails within minutes when I inquired about the programmer, now he's "off the grid" for over a month .... who doesn't have access to email over a months period, especially when your job is working on a computer for the Air Force.

I also posted this thinking maybe some other forum member would chime in, drop him a note and it would motivate him to make this right - no idea if it's happened, but at this point I've chalked it up to a loss and wanted to make sure others thought twice. I've bought 2 used programmers for different vehicles, both have had issues, it's not worth it... pony up the extra $ and buy something new, avoid the headaches.

It's good you posted it. A month is long enough for at least a simple response.
Old 03-21-2016, 10:58 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't know anything about nor do I have an opinion about this situation, but I have many military friends that go off the grid for 3-4 weeks at a time often. just FYI
Old 03-22-2016, 07:58 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by mds22
I don't know anything about nor do I have an opinion about this situation, but I have many military friends that go off the grid for 3-4 weeks at a time often. just FYI
I hope it's the case .. who knows, going on 5 weeks now

Quick Reply: Ripped Off By Fellow Member - Mike Wales