Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Ripped Off By Fellow Member - Mike Wales

Old 03-19-2016, 07:40 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ripped Off By Fellow Member - Mike Wales

I just wanted to pass this along.... I bought this programmer few weeks back, paypal $200 to him (mistakenly as "friend") once it arrived I went to install into my JK.... Nope, it's still synced to his Jeep, and is worthless to anyone else. I've emailed multiple times, sent multiple money request through paypal, sent multiple PM's here, Nada.....

I know it's a rather small community, so I wanted to pass it along ... I made the mistake of trying to help a fellow forum member out and sent the $$ as friend, which I'll never do again and now I'm out $200, but much more than the $$ it's the principal.

Here is the thread, and his personal email that he promptly used to reply to emails when I was buying this superchips unit, and now doesn't respond to any form of communication.

Mike Wales
hassoboxhead@yahoo.com

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-performance-120/superchips-flashpaq-3875-a-330122/#post4199343

https://www.facebook.com/michael.wales.904

Last edited by randomhero199; 03-19-2016 at 07:43 PM.
Old 03-19-2016, 07:50 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by randomhero199
I just wanted to pass this along.... I bought this programmer few weeks back, paypal $200 to him (mistakenly as "friend") once it arrived I went to install into my JK.... Nope, it's still synced to his Jeep, and is worthless to anyone else. I've emailed multiple times, sent multiple money request through paypal, sent multiple PM's here, Nada.....

I know it's a rather small community, so I wanted to pass it along ... I made the mistake of trying to help a fellow forum member out and sent the $$ as friend, which I'll never do again and now I'm out $200, but much more than the $$ it's the principal.

Here is the thread, and his personal email that he promptly used to reply to emails when I was buying this superchips unit, and now doesn't respond to any form of communication.

Mike Wales
hassoboxhead@yahoo.com

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-performance-120/superchips-flashpaq-3875-a-330122/#post4199343

https://www.facebook.com/michael.wales.904
What a crappy deal. If you message superchips and tell them your situation they might be able to unlock for you for nothing.
Old 03-19-2016, 08:00 PM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

What is his forum name? You can give him a bad rating to save others the same fate.
Old 03-19-2016, 08:04 PM
JK Newbie

[h=1]KrasnayaZnamya[/h]and I left negative feedback - he hasn't been on since 1-31-16
Old 03-19-2016, 08:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Completely sucks... I hate a person who is thief and dishonest.

I personally appericate the heads up on this forum member.
Old 03-20-2016, 01:13 AM
DJ1
Former Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

damn that sucks...
Old 03-20-2016, 02:22 AM
JK Junkie

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

sucks you got ripped off. I would generally never buy a used tuner. For this exact reason. They always are tied to the original vehicle. Better off spending the extra coin and getting a new one.
Old 03-20-2016, 03:34 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by randomhero199
I just wanted to pass this along.... I bought this programmer few weeks back, paypal $200 to him (mistakenly as "friend") once it arrived I went to install into my JK.... Nope, it's still synced to his Jeep, and is worthless to anyone else. I've emailed multiple times, sent multiple money request through paypal, sent multiple PM's here, Nada..... I know it's a rather small community, so I wanted to pass it along ... I made the mistake of trying to help a fellow forum member out and sent the $$ as friend, which I'll never do again and now I'm out $200, but much more than the $$ it's the principal. Here is the thread, and his personal email that he promptly used to reply to emails when I was buying this superchips unit, and now doesn't respond to any form of communication. Mike Wales hassoboxhead@yahoo.com https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-performance-120/superchips-flashpaq-3875-a-330122/#post4199343 https://www.facebook.com/michael.wales.904
is sucks I been on your end of things I lost $300 to a radio that wasn't working and sold as working unit. Don't be discouraged as 99% of this community are standup people and not asswhipes like the one you had to deal with hope you can get this thing working.
Old 03-20-2016, 04:24 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

This doesn't make sense. He's going to need that programmer to have some types of work done on his Jeep. He has 370 posts on the forum, in a wide variety of subjects, his last one being on that SC sale. It may be that he thought or was unaware he needed to remove the programming. Add that to some complication in his life (a trip maybe?), and maybe he's just not been keeping up with his hobbies. How long have you been trying to contact him? I just returned from Death Valley and was pretty much out of touch for almost a week.
Old 03-20-2016, 04:37 AM
JK Freak

I had a dealership flash my jeep when the programmer was still installed. I contacted superchips and they reset the Vin lock on mine so I could reinstall it.

Quick Reply: Ripped Off By Fellow Member - Mike Wales