Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Ripp supercharger update issue

Old 09-16-2015, 10:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ripp supercharger update issue

So I'm having trouble passing deq in Oregon. I was told to update to the newest version. Didn't have a computer so I bought one don't have my friend to help me which updated it the first time so this is my first time. The guys at ripp sent me the files and information pdf. All call them again tomorrow but here is the problem

The dam usb driver thing says error in other words I can't connect it to the doablo downloader update tool. It won't read the actual predator device. The usb thing won't download correctly to allow me to connect with the device. I downloaded the only driver available on the diablo website also the one the pdf tells me to download but it won't work even restarted computer. I took the time off my jeep so now it has no tune and I can't connect the device with the computer for the new update. Sorry for the long message but help please thanks!
Old 09-16-2015, 10:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Oh yeah it's the predator Diablo sport u7137 one I'm having trouble with
Old 09-17-2015, 01:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

Are they going to send you a new predator? I thought that if you went to Diablos website that it would update automatically? I was having trouble with emissions here in pa with mine few weeks ago and that's what ripp told me was to update. It didn't help. But the jeep does run better in 87 tune then it did in with the 91 tune.

Last edited by templer; 09-17-2015 at 01:38 AM.
Old 09-18-2015, 06:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

What years are your jeeps?
Old 09-18-2015, 07:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by templer
Are they going to send you a new predator? I thought that if you went to Diablos website that it would update automatically? I was having trouble with emissions here in pa with mine few weeks ago and that's what ripp told me was to update. It didn't help. But the jeep does run better in 87 tune then it did in with the 91 tune.

Hey man ripp and Diablo helped me out for a new tune and I passed emissions
Old 09-18-2015, 07:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by calys003
What years are your jeeps?

Mines an 07 but passes emissions Diablo actually hacked my computer and fixed everything lol
Old 09-18-2015, 08:27 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Jasoncinpean
So I'm having trouble passing deq in Oregon. I was told to update to the newest version. Didn't have a computer so I bought one don't have my friend to help me which updated it the first time so this is my first time. The guys at ripp sent me the files and information pdf. All call them again tomorrow but here is the problem

The dam usb driver thing says error in other words I can't connect it to the doablo downloader update tool. It won't read the actual predator device. The usb thing won't download correctly to allow me to connect with the device. I downloaded the only driver available on the diablo website also the one the pdf tells me to download but it won't work even restarted computer. I took the time off my jeep so now it has no tune and I can't connect the device with the computer for the new update. Sorry for the long message but help please thanks!
If the driver is not installing it's probably the OS, I would bet your on win 8 or win 10? You need to disable driver signing. Instructions here:How to Disable Driver Signature Verification on 64-Bit Windows 8.1 or 10 (So That You Can Install Unsigned Drivers)

If after that you still cant get ds downloader to connect to your preadator/trinity try a different computer.

Good Luck

LP
Old 09-20-2015, 07:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by LuckyPunk
If the driver is not installing it's probably the OS, I would bet your on win 8 or win 10? You need to disable driver signing. Instructions here:How to Disable Driver Signature Verification on 64-Bit Windows 8.1 or 10 (So That You Can Install Unsigned Drivers) If after that you still cant get ds downloader to connect to your preadator/trinity try a different computer. Good Luck LP

You are right, I also fixed the problem and passed emissions but this is a great write up for future! Thanks bro I had Windows 10

Quick Reply: Ripp supercharger update issue