Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

RIPP Supercharger Recirculate Blow Off Valve?

Old 06-29-2015, 09:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I installed a Ripp Black Ops Supercharger and headers about a month ago. The sound of the plastic blow off valve annoyed me, so I replaced it with a Turbosmart TS-0203-1022. It is a direct replacement and fits the 1" hose perfectly.

I have it set about halfway in between hard and soft so that barely any air escapes at idle, but still doesn't cause any backfiring or rpm drop at idle.

Still the sound of the blow off valve is annoying. So, today I closed off the atmosphere end with a supplied cover and ran some heater hose and T'd into the air intake.

The result is no more blow off sound! And actually seems to shift smoother, but this could be subjective.

My question is: is their any danger to the supercharger by doing this? I've supplied pictures of what I did. I also have my axles and transmission breather hoses T'd into the same line. So second question: is their any danger to those components? Thanks! Click image for larger version

Name:	image-796837831.jpg
Views:	586
Size:	561.3 KB
ID:	616362

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1328431674.jpg
Views:	551
Size:	699.3 KB
ID:	616363
Old 06-30-2015, 10:47 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Zroe

My question is: is their any danger to the supercharger by doing this? I've supplied pictures of what I did. I also have my axles and transmission breather hoses T'd into the same line. So second question: is their any danger to those components? Thanks!
the Differentials and tr
The Recirculation line must be INDEPENDENT of any other breathers! The volume of air being bled off will actually pressurize the reansmission and diffs, and will cause a failure!!, DO NOT DRIVE!

The Recirculated blow off should be of equal or greater diameter, as short as possible, and have as little bends as possible.

RIPP

Quick Reply: RIPP Supercharger Recirculate Blow Off Valve?