Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

RIPP Supercharger Real World Owner Experience

Old 01-14-2010, 07:01 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

right SC blow all the time. That's why it's called a bypass valve and not a blow off valve. It closes under load to create boost. Unlike a bov.

my biggest question is IDC's
Old 01-14-2010, 07:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

this stuff is gettin deeeep... I just wanna go fast whenever i hit the skinny....
Old 01-14-2010, 08:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

IDC's? Guess you could replace the bypass with a TIAL or other wastegate and accomplish the same thing. I'm not positive, but I think you can hook to the lower port on a Greddy and do something similar.
Old 01-14-2010, 08:19 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by rcwade
IDC's? Guess you could replace the bypass with a TIAL or other wastegate and accomplish the same thing. I'm not positive, but I think you can hook to the lower port on a Greddy and do something similar.
IDC is Injector Duty Cycle..
Old 01-14-2010, 08:19 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by frankie945
methanol acts like a fuel. It does cool intake temps and lowers ur IDC's. You could inject straight distiled water to cool intake temps but that is all it will do. Water/meth burns lowers intake temps and reduces fuel delivery. So say ur running 85% IDC with no meth.add meth and IDC's will drop somewhere around 10% to 15% which then alows you to run more boost hense to aid in fuel delivery and more advanced timing.

With just 300cc injectors you will need water/meth to compensate for the lack of fuel. The factory system produces. I don't see were you are coming up with 500cc extra.
without the use of meth and no aux fuel pump. I bet IDC's are in the 95% range.

Do you have any dyno sheeets handy that were tuned without meth?

Or a trace or log of IDC's on a pull on the dyno. I would really like to know were they are hitting. That is my main concern. 85% max is ideal leaves room.

sorry again I turned this thread upside down. I know the FI world well been there done that to many times. One thing I will admit is I don't know the 3.8 that well.
there are 2 supplemental injectors in the front of the throttle body.... they are 650 each or 1300 total... your 6 stock injectors are Primary injectors and the 2 we supply are secondary. They are only tripped when boosting - if you add the two together they total to roughly 500cc's of available fuel...

We tested fuel pressure and found it to be plenty full at full load...

The methanol injector is very small - its not used as a primary injector or factored into the tune as such - its only .125cc.... it doesn't effect the tune to the point it flex's the air fuel... When guys start putting racers pure meth in the tank it can negatively impact the tune as the pure meth is much colder and tuning is required... We are set within the parameters with our tune for our closed box system... If you want to swing away from it, just plan on a re-tune.

Up until this very post we maintained a very happy clientele - we cannot control his fuel mileage issue from our desks in NY... He asked a question regarding fuel mileage... its turned into a pissing match of theory and a bunch of I told you so...

Expectations going in - When you purchase a system, expect it to go in smooth, the quality to show throughout, the power to be increase and gas mileage - depending on use - to go up. You will not need to re-engineer it - You can if you want to - but you will not need to.

As manufactures we endure conversations like this for the sake of being active on forums - Its disheartening to see such blatant disregard for our professional (respected) position. Its easy to turn away from discussions and ignore it - However we embrace it! Implying albeit polity that we are somehow deceiving in our techniques is uncalled for. We put in a lot of time and testing and know our systems to work out of the box.... 6 separate individuals from all walks of life posted positive information regarding the pure functionality of our kits and 75% of voters posted positively they would buy our kits again if the decision needed to be made... Perhaps - they are telling the truth.
Old 01-14-2010, 08:43 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow alote of high tech talk... i have the RIPP supercharger with snorkel and i love it ! gives me the extra power i was looking for with 37's and alote of extra weight ,bumpers whinch etc... i am very happy with mine ... plus it sounds cool all the guys at RIPP where very helpful and knowledgeable , took the time to fine tune my setup ! i was very impressed
Old 01-14-2010, 08:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

im debatin on regearing before i pull the trigger on the RIPP. Hats off to RIPP for responding and explaining their system. Every system will have their haters.... I still have yet to see or hear anyone running any other SC's in their JK's... must say a lil somethin about the RIPP SC
Old 01-14-2010, 08:49 AM
JK Freak

I'm not an expert. I only know that I couldn't do I-70 or other mountain hiways at 75-85mph with my stock Rubi and still pass people. I hated it. It got worse with bigger tires. Putting a RIPP in the RUBI made it so I can drive 75+ no problem and still have power to pass people. With my RIPP in the city (driving around Boulder and occasionally to Denver--no trails) by driving carefully I have been able to get 17+ miles per gallon even with 37" tires.

So, technical details aside, it worked good for what I wanted. My mileage improved (a bit anyway) and most importantly the irritation of driving an underpowered vehicle went away. I actually liked driving my JK on the freeway. Plus I get to trails faster!

We spent a lot of time making adjustments to the RIPP/engine/Chip--the altitude was a hassle. None the less we got set right eventually and it worked great.
Old 01-14-2010, 09:42 AM
JK Newbie

I amit I stuck my foot in my mouth. I have checked out your site a few times and never noticed another injector was included. I would still like to know were the IDC's are at full boost. Props to you ripp for straighten things out.
Old 01-14-2010, 09:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

RIPP hats off to you, I've worked with APR distributors in Houston to develop turbo kits for the 1.8t vws. I know it's a lot of work, some of which gets torn apart by armchair tuners who "know it all." Expecting better fuel economy after installing a performance products is pretty retarded in the first place. I've got a few years before I go crazy with mods. Then I'll have to chose between Forced Induction and Hemi. I'm a big fan of FI so I may go with the SC kit.

Quick Reply: RIPP Supercharger Real World Owner Experience