Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

RIPP Supercharger Real World Owner Experience

Old 12-31-2011, 11:01 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by domanator1
DO NOT I SAY DO NOT put a supercharger on the 3.8 it will screw it over trust me
It's Foghorn Leghorn
Old 12-31-2011, 11:31 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by b5rider
It's Foghorn Leghorn
Good One!!! I think I will still go ahead and install mine.
Old 12-31-2011, 11:33 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by domanator1
DO NOT I SAY DO NOT put a supercharger on the 3.8 it will screw it over trust me
most helpful and descriptive post ive seen on the internet, ever. good job.
Old 12-31-2011, 06:22 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by clarsen
I just finished installing 40" tires on my rig and on the first hill that required a little right foot the engine seemed to misfire? I have had this couple of times when there was a lot of weight in my rig. I have the gen 2 no tubes & I do get the light bolts maybe once a day.?????????????????? Any ideas?
Which tune are you running? Do you know if you have the good or bad MAP sensor - definitely makes a difference?

If you haven't contacted RIPP, you should definitely consider doing so.
Old 12-31-2011, 07:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JK-Rubi
Which tune are you running? Do you know if you have the good or bad MAP sensor - definitely makes a difference?

If you haven't contacted RIPP, you should definitely consider doing so.
Not sure anymore which tune I'm on! Drove my kid to the moivies this evening ran well under the 3500 RPM range, but I'll give them a call next week. thanks
Old 12-31-2011, 07:52 PM
JK Junkie

Not sure anymore which tune I'm on! Drove my kid to the moivies this evening ran well under the 3500 RPM range, but I'll give them a call next week. thanks
Also, hook up the Predator and check out which codes have been thrown - with misfires, and the lightning bolt something should be showing up.
Old 02-09-2012, 01:12 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I just finished installing 40" tires on my rig and on the first hill that required a little right foot the engine seemed to misfire? I have had this couple of times when there was a lot of weight in my rig. I have the gen 2 no tubes & I do get the light bolts maybe once a day.?????????????????? Any ideas?
This is old - but just in case

It sounds like the tune is not installed - Lighting bolts are diabled in all current RIPP tunes

email ripptuning@gmail.com

RIPPTECH
Old 02-10-2012, 03:13 PM
JK Junkie

This is a little disconcerting . . . is the Electronic Throttle Control warning the only indicator disabled by RIPP's tunes or are there others?

Originally Posted by RIPPMODS
This is old - but just in case

It sounds like the tune is not installed - Lighting bolts are diabled in all current RIPP tunes

email ripptuning@gmail.com

RIPPTECH
Old 02-15-2012, 05:28 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JK-Rubi
This is a little disconcerting . . . is the Electronic Throttle Control warning the only indicator disabled by RIPP's tunes or are there others?
No all RIPP tunes keep all engine safety parameters 100% functional, what the earlier post should have expressed is; that function is still there if the TB has a real issue, but its been properly scaled or corrected to the air volume the compressor delivers. Its likely when you do a fresh install or your moving tunes in and out of the Jeep, you can mess a step up and default to the stock (NA) tune back into the vehicle.... For example if the tunes been updated and the indicator comes on right away, its more likely the tune was not properly installed than there actually being a problem.

In which case ripptuning@gmail.com will suggest revisiting the tune sequence.

RIPPTECH
Old 02-15-2012, 04:20 PM
JK Junkie

Ahhh . . . thanks for the elucidation. Sounds much better than the earlier "disabled warnings" statement. Thanks.

Originally Posted by RIPPMODS
No all RIPP tunes keep all engine safety parameters 100% functional, what the earlier post should have expressed is; that function is still there if the TB has a real issue, but its been properly scaled or corrected to the air volume the compressor delivers. Its likely when you do a fresh install or your moving tunes in and out of the Jeep, you can mess a step up and default to the stock (NA) tune back into the vehicle.... For example if the tunes been updated and the indicator comes on right away, its more likely the tune was not properly installed than there actually being a problem.

In which case ripptuning@gmail.com will suggest revisiting the tune sequence.

RIPPTECH

Quick Reply: RIPP Supercharger Real World Owner Experience