Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

RIPP Supercharger Real World Owner Experience

Old 03-28-2010, 08:34 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would pull the one that is closest to the headers. When you get a chance call Ripp and see what they say. He might have a fix for the problem. The o2 sensors are kinda pricey hate to say.
Old 03-28-2010, 08:47 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by frankie945
I would pull the one that is closest to the headers. When you get a chance call Ripp and see what they say. He might have a fix for the problem. The o2 sensors are kinda pricey hate to say.
great thanks.. ill do that now.. yeah looks like they are around 50 bucks each.. would be nice not to have to replace them
Old 03-29-2010, 07:27 PM
JK Junkie

i pulled the o2 sensor closest to the headers... heres a pic what do you guys think ? does it look like a bad o2 sensor ? thanks
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	1.JPG
Views:	73
Size:	45.4 KB
ID:	39598   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.JPG
Views:	71
Size:	43.3 KB
ID:	39599  
Old 03-30-2010, 03:23 AM
JK Newbie

at least it's not white. Honestly you really can't tell buy eye if there bad or not. Mainly wanted you to pull one to see if was running lean. Buy the look of that one. It should be a little blacker in color. I've pulled some that were bad and they were chaulkie white. Mainly because of the meth injection. It doesn't look bad to me. But it's hard to say for sure. I would hate for you to go out a buy new ones if that's not the problem. Call ripp and see what they say. To be safe...
Old 03-30-2010, 03:30 AM
JK Junkie

at least it's not white. Honestly you really can't tell buy eye if there bad or not. Mainly wanted you to pull one to see if was running lean. Buy the look of that one. It should be a little blacker in color. I've pulled some that were bad and they were chaulkie white. Mainly because of the meth injection. It doesn't look bad to me. But it's hard to say for sure. I would hate for you to go out a buy new ones if that's not the problem. Call ripp and see what they say. To be safe...
hey thanks alote for your help... ill give them a call i didnt think you could tell from just looking .. but figured i would take a look just in case... thanks ill see what they say .
Old 03-30-2010, 03:43 AM
JK Newbie

have you tried reseting the ecu. Pull the positve off the battery then turn on the headlights for about 30min. Turning on the headlights drains all the power out of the compasators so it will not hold a charge anywhere. Might be worth trying. Other then that I don't know what else to try.
btw I checked out ur gallery and your jeep looks pretty bad azz.

Last edited by frankie945; 03-30-2010 at 03:46 AM.
Old 04-23-2010, 03:02 PM
JK Newbie

DO NOT I SAY DO NOT put a supercharger on the 3.8 it will screw it over trust me
Old 04-23-2010, 03:06 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by domanator1
DO NOT, I SAY DO NOT, put a supercharger on the 3.8 it will screw it over - trust me
Bad "real world" experience?
Old 04-27-2010, 01:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

i have mine on for about six months and love it makes the jeep what it should be
Old 12-31-2011, 09:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default bigger Tires

I just finished installing 40" tires on my rig and on the first hill that required a little right foot the engine seemed to misfire? I have had this couple of times when there was a lot of weight in my rig. I have the gen 2 no tubes & I do get the light bolts maybe once a day.?????????????????? Any ideas?

Quick Reply: RIPP Supercharger Real World Owner Experience