Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

RIPP Supercharger Real World Owner Experience

Old 03-27-2010, 10:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=blockrockin;1629799]I'm interested in the sprint booster ... what exactly does that do ? i have the ripp supercharger.. works great.. i do keep getting a check engine light for o2 sensor ? I'm not sure how to fix that.. comes on about 30 mins after Ive been driving ... i sent ripp and email but havent heard anything yet ?

you are running de icer for meth shot and pump is adjustable ive heard running to much meth will screw with o2 sensor
Old 03-27-2010, 07:47 PM
JK Newbie

Its been A while since I have been on I've been too busy working in the hospital, but the Ripp SuperCharger and what they claim is true. Excelent customer service #1, Reliable product, and true performance. I have been driving my supercharger around for some time and it def was worth the price. The research and time put into these kits are second to none. When you get your product it is solid and dependable and carefully done and thought out. If you have any problems with the kit which I doubt give Ross and crew a call they def know this jeep inside and out. The only problem i seem to have since I have had the supercharger is that you go through tires really fast because you can't stop lighting them up . My black Sahara Jeep with exhaust that Ross customed tuned has never made me happier. Thanks guys!
Old 03-28-2010, 06:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Amstellight if your looking for tires i have tires and rims off 2010 sahara with only 2000 miles on them pm me if need as far as the ripps kit so far so good work great and is a very clean install
Old 03-28-2010, 06:30 AM
JK Newbie

[QUOTE=Slacka;1630011]
Originally Posted by blockrockin
I'm interested in the sprint booster ... what exactly does that do ? i have the ripp supercharger.. works great.. i do keep getting a check engine light for o2 sensor ? I'm not sure how to fix that.. comes on about 30 mins after Ive been driving ... i sent ripp and email but havent heard anything yet ?

you are running de icer for meth shot and pump is adjustable ive heard running to much meth will screw with o2 sensor
Water/Meth will cause O2 sensors to fail after long use with meth. That's just part of the game in the FI world.
Old 03-28-2010, 06:36 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=frankie945;1630795]
Originally Posted by Slacka

Water/Meth will cause O2 sensors to fail after long use with meth. That's just part of the game in the FI world.

so i would just need to replace the o2 sensors ?

thanks
Old 03-28-2010, 06:53 AM
JK Newbie

[QUOTE=blockrockin;1630803]
Originally Posted by frankie945

so i would just need to replace the o2 sensors ?

thanks
Not sure, What codes are you throwing? How long have you had the kit? If not long I dought it's a bad O2 sensor. I have had to replace a few before in FI cars that I have owned when spraying meth. But I always used a strong mix 70/30.
Old 03-28-2010, 07:17 AM
JK Junkie

its throwing code po13a / po13c "o2 sensor to rich to lean " the supecharger has been on their around 10 k miles .
Old 03-28-2010, 07:56 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Amstellight
Its been A while since I have been on I've been too busy working in the hospital, but the Ripp SuperCharger and what they claim is true. Excelent customer service #1, Reliable product, and true performance. I have been driving my supercharger around for some time and it def was worth the price. The research and time put into these kits are second to none. When you get your product it is solid and dependable and carefully done and thought out. If you have any problems with the kit which I doubt give Ross and crew a call they def know this jeep inside and out. The only problem i seem to have since I have had the supercharger is that you go through tires really fast because you can't stop lighting them up . My black Sahara Jeep with exhaust that Ross customed tuned has never made me happier. Thanks guys!
I have had my SC installed now for about 2 months. I live in the midwest and have access to very few "performance" shops. The nearest one I have located is about 90 miles away near St. Louis. Ross, Matthew and others at Ripp have been very good as far as helping solve problems. Unfortunately I have had PROBLEMS! NONE of which are Ripps fault. I shorted out the PCM because of a bad local install (not my fault) and bone head move (my fault). Jeep was down about 2 weeks one of which was with the original local installer who only wasted my time. The second week was with Eurotrix Tuners in Union Missouri. THEY fixed it and found additional engine problems caused by the electrical disaster earlier mentioned.

Overal my take is this, the Ripps Mods Super Charger is a VERY well put together kit. The components have proved they can take a beating as has the JK! The power this thing makes is great. I can cruise all day at 70 mph without difficulty and easily hit 85 mph (not that I would do that on anything other than a closed track ) even going uphill! I am running 35" MTR Kevlar's and have a winch, and heavy front and rear bumpers and manual transmission. I do drive the two door and now feel that a Hemi for the 2 door would have been overkill. I have INCREASED my mileage (@60 mph) about 3 mpg (no less than 2) but up hill and into a strong head wind it's still gonnna drop like a rock (MPG are actual 14-15 burning 94 octane with "mixed" driving). The mpg has been measured after Eurotrix got done with it, after they found a faulty MAP sensor.

ONE BIG CAVEAT!!! It has to be installed correctly. The mechanic who installed mine did fine on the actual mechanical parts but fell down when it came to the wiring. He just plain made several wiring mistakes! I corrected this and it ran great for 24 hours until the wiring harness for the "black box" wrapped aroung the steering shaft and shorted everything out! He had drilled a hole for the harness next to the shaft and in doing my repair I had unsheathed the harness. I was too lazy and tired to finish it up right late that night and it cost me ..... a lot. Not to mention I was sweating blood before it was finally fixed. If you are near Ripp have them install it otherwise get some certified ASE or other pro mechanics for the install. The kit and your JK deserve a Dyno tune and some "REAL" mechanics.
Old 03-28-2010, 08:19 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by blockrockin
its throwing code po13a / po13c "o2 sensor to rich to lean " the supecharger has been on their around 10 k miles .
It's hard to say if the O2's are bad to be honest. If I were you I would pull one of the o2's out and see what it looks like. If it is covered in a white dusty film it probably is bad. And it would also indicate it is running lean. Even If you replace the o2 sensors you might be fine for awhile but it might come back. That's just one thing I always hated about FI is your opening a can of worms on a NA (naturally-aspirated) engine that wasn't meant for Forced Induction. But it's all part of the game to get more power.

I was checking out the charger forum and it seems like a few had a problem with the codes you are getting but no one had a fix. That I could find.
Old 03-28-2010, 08:26 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by frankie945
It's hard to say if the O2's are bad to be honest. If I were you I would pull one of the o2's out and see what it looks like. If it is covered in a white dusty film it probably is bad. And it would also indicate it is running lean. Even If you replace the o2 sensors you might be fine for awhile but it might come back. That's just one thing I always hated about FI is your opening a can of worms on a NA (naturally-aspirated) engine that wasn't meant for Forced Induction. But it's all part of the game to get more power.

I was checking out the charger forum and it seems like a few had a problem with the codes you are getting but no one had a fix. That I could find.

great thanks alote for your help.. ill check the o2 sensors.. ill take a look see what they look like.. guess i should check all 4 ? how much do they run if i need to replace them ? the code pops up almost exactly 30 mins after ive been driving.. i guess once things heat up .. thanks alote

Quick Reply: RIPP Supercharger Real World Owner Experience