Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

RIPP supercharger questions

Old 09-30-2011, 07:28 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bubba_zenetti
How about the 3.8 is not fragile.

I have 25K on mine running 37 inch tires as a daily driver.
I drive the piss out of my jeep. I am not nice to it.
It is running 4 PSI more than what the original kit was designed for.
I run it on 92 octane pump fuel.
It gets driven in stop and go city traffic as well as the open highway at speed.
My average speed when I drive on the freeway is 80MPH.

So far there has been no drop in compression, I have never logged a single short term spark retard (this is what your ECU does when it detects knock)
The engine is just as strong today as it was 25k ago.
I bolted this on at 50k so no the motor was not a fresh engine.

Just buy the kit, you wont be sorry. What f2fast4u says does not apply here(although it is true facts). RIPP did an amazing job at making this a turn key setup. You wont have to mess with anything. Just bolt it on and you will think you have a V8 under the hood. This is a mild system that is all within the constraints of your engine and drive trains ability. You wont break anything, you wont melt anything. It feels just like a stock jeep with a v8 in it.

I did fry one tranny. But then again, I am pushing mine a bit past its limits.
What gears Do u have in ur rig with the RIPP?
Old 09-30-2011, 03:03 PM
JK Newbie

Any of you guys running in snow/cold weather?
Old 09-30-2011, 04:39 PM
JK Newbie

So would you recommend one or the other for 37's and stock rubi axles with 5.38s? I drive it daily and I cannot pull a hill without a downshift. Nave an 07 with the auto. Already have dynomax exhaust andnthe predator. So long tubes or sc for my application?

Originally Posted by RIPPMODS
The supercharger is a great add on and most are happy with just it - If you have a 07-08 or a early 09 (which have 4 cats) the long tubes are a huge gain. If you have an mid 09-10 then the headers are less "power" and more efficient.

The headers are designed to move the torque from 3300rpm to 2700rpm and more importantly they move the heat away from the cylinder head down and away. We reserve the salesmanship to; "if you tow or have 37" tires or larger and/or larger built axles, the headers are a welcome mod"... Because they scavenge the heat and build more torque and HP earlier on. If you have Stock axles and 35's and don't tow the supercharger should suffice.

http://www.viddler.com/explore/RIPPMODS/videos/9/ RIPPTECH

Quick Reply: RIPP supercharger questions