Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

ripp supercharger questions

Old 05-16-2011, 08:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by invictus
Thanks CM, I'm considering doing the SC with stock gears on my 6 speed and your input helps.

The other option I'm considering is Ripp headers and 4.88s as opposed to the SC - may be a thread hijack but any input?
That is what I have done with my 2door and I am very happy (2 door Rubi, 35's MTR-K's, RIPP Headers, Diablo Tune, 4.88, 2" lift). Yea more power would be great and I am probably am going to do the SC but only because I can!!!
Old 05-16-2011, 08:50 AM
JK Newbie

Running 37's with 5.13's and an auto. 1st thru 3rd I am very happy with everything. Acceleration and around town driving is great. In overdrive, wish I had 5.38's or even a little higher to get a couple of hundred more rpm's on the freeway. Pushing a brick through the air at 70 and then add hills requires a downshift out of OD.

I know manuals are different, but in my case I am glad I didn't go any lower than 5.13's.

With that being said, I would gear it for what you want as if you will not supercharge it and then once you supercharge it try to wipe the grin off your face

As a side note, RIPP's customer service is second to none!!! I had some minor issues with my install and they worked to resolve them right away. They were easily reached and listened with the intent of making their product better. Ross' quest for perfection is never ending. In the 5 months that I have had the SC installed they have updated the tune from 2.0 to 2.6+. The changes have been substantial in making the Jeep drive with the smoothness a V8.
Old 05-16-2011, 09:22 AM
JK Newbie

Awesome. I think with the 35s and 6 speed, 4.88s will be perfect. I have a superchips already - should I get the diablo with the Ripp headers or rock the superchips tune?
Old 05-16-2011, 10:02 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by JB7JEEP
Wytmike, was your tune good out of the box or did you need to dyno it to get it dialed in?
It ran well out of the box on RIPP 2.0. I had it installed in Southern California and Had to drive it up to the Bay Area right after it was installed. 400 miles without a hitch. Trial by fire.

The updates that have been installed have improved the overall smoothness and drivability. People that are installing now are benefiting from all the feedback early installers gave.

I have never had it on the dyno and have not had any error codes thrown in 5k of driving. The only issue right now that is unresolved is a surge with the cruise control on going up slight inclines or stiff headwinds. Ripp has asked me to log it and then they will take a look to find a solution.

Mike
Old 05-16-2011, 12:56 PM
JK Newbie

RUBIMAN - benefits of superchips on 6 spd are the same as auto. I'm running performance 91 quick tune right now and seeing decent mileage and performance increases. Nothing to write home about but better than it was before.
Old 05-16-2011, 03:54 PM
JK Junkie

Default RIPP Customer Service

Originally Posted by JKBobAZ
I had a bit of a train wreck loading my tunes (partly my fault, partly RIPP's fault and partly Diablo's fault) I called RIPP Monday AM and explained what happened and after comparing notes called Diablo who spent almost 1 1/2 hours getting everything fixed...Runs great now!!!
Originally Posted by wytmike
As a side note, RIPP's customer service is second to none!!! I had some minor issues with my install and they worked to resolve them right away. They were easily reached and listened with the intent of making their product better. Ross' quest for perfection is never ending.
Well shoot fire - no wonder I haven't heard from RIPP or Diablo recently. All the love is going to you guys!!

Will second the thoughts re RIPP's CS - they do try to help. Need to give them another jingle as I was recently sent a 2.6+ tune that didn't work. A lot of figure pointing between ALL parties involved, but as this point, I just want to keep moving forward so I can enjoy the RIPP SC goodness that everyone else who has installed one is enjoying.

Quick Reply: ripp supercharger questions