Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Ripp supercharger with AEV snorkel

Old 09-26-2011, 07:56 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Ripp supercharger with AEV snorkel

Has anyone solved the challenge of running the AEV snorkel with the Ripp supercharger? I know that you can run both but what I'm talking about is the substantial power loss due to the reduced air flow the snorkel has where the snorkel enters the engine bay. My though was that if you could re route cold air into the box from another location for on road applications and switch to the snorkel application for offroad applications, you would have your cake and eat it too. Either way, I dont thing you can use the stock airbox but Im wondering what others have done. I'm considering the supercharger but I dont' want to give up my snorkel and I hate to spend that much money for more HP only to lose a good portion of it to lack of air. whaddyagot?
Old 09-26-2011, 11:43 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You mean like this? Swaps in in moments and not minutes according to RIPP.

http://www.rippmods.com/product_p/jkgen2-snrkl-aev.htm
Old 09-27-2011, 04:46 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that looks good but I'd like to see what it looks like when the filter is under the hood. I woulnt consider it unless running the heat reduction hood. it looks like where the filter would be, you'd be getting the hottest air under the hood. Is anyone running this?

Quick Reply: Ripp supercharger with AEV snorkel