Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

RIPP supercharger

Old 12-14-2009, 04:56 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just curious what you think of this proposition. I am confident enough that this is an easy and safe set-up (running ~3 PSI before 2K RPM and then limiting the boost to 6 - 8 PSI with a blow-off valve) that I would offer my JK as a test mule. If you guys do the work to tune and put the correct part together for this I would pay for the kit and you could put it on my JK and if my engine blows from getting an approximate 20% boost in torque at 2K RPM I would be the one paying the bills.
Old 12-20-2009, 07:49 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[
I am asking about using your existing centrifugal SC with a smaller pulley to generate a small amount of boost at lower RPM (again I say ~3 PSI before 2,000 RPM would be nice) giving us Jeep drivers what we actually want, a nice predictable boost in LOW-END torque for use on the street. Off-road if I want torque I use 4-low which triples my torque...a lot more than any reliable blower on the stock engine can do...
Just a thought along the lines of TPM152's post regarding a higher pulley speed for more boost at lower rpms.

What about a varible speed pulley system. This could be program controlled to provide higher pulley speed at lower rpm and control the max. boost at higher rpm by modulating the varible speed pulley.

Again, just a thought.

Last edited by AzBob; 12-20-2009 at 08:00 AM.

Quick Reply: RIPP supercharger