Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

RIPP supercharger

Old 12-09-2009, 04:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First of all, thanks for all the help, and forgive my ignorance, but a few more questions.

If I read this right, the graph doesn't even start until after 1800 RPM, so we don't know what happens below that. Then, I'm assuming both blue lines are the SC modified and the red lines are stock. I'm also assuming the bottom line for each is horsepower and the top is torque (since the MAX HP or 234.8 lines up with the highest peak on the bottom blue line). Comparing the two top lines, at about 2000 RPM, there is about a 25 FtLb torque increase, but not much of a HP gain at all (maybe 10 HP at most).

That doesn't sound like much to me. Frankie, What does WOT and TPS mean (again, excuse my ignorance )?
Old 12-09-2009, 04:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

For some reason you sound , I could be wrong, against the
supercharger. Wether it be this specific type or just forced iduction in general, I don't know.

You claim the sc needs load to make boost, true, and in 6th gear at highway speeds there is load on the motor when the skinny pedal is pushed. Hence the reason downshifting is required. This motor doesn't make very good power down low in NA "mode", infact I'm rarely below 2400 Rpms anyway. So I don't really understand your rebutle.

I would say that 99% of my driving would benifit from this blower, I would even venture to say the same for the vast majority of the rest of the jk'ers out there. And since most of can't afford a hemi, so this is one of the few solutions for USEABLE power.
Old 12-09-2009, 05:30 AM
JK Newbie

WOT is wide open throttle and TPS is throttle position sensor.
Old 12-09-2009, 05:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

just a thought but maybe just save your money up and use it as a down payment for the 2011 Wrangler with a new powertrain and swap over everything from your current rig, thats my plan when the 2011 comes out i will be getting rid of my 2dr 2008 for a 2011 4 dr and swap everything over.
Old 12-09-2009, 08:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by frankie945
WOT is wide open throttle and TPS is throttle position sensor.
I know what the two stand for but my question or response
to you is why does it matter. When you dyno a motor it's done at wot not part throttle. Our jeeps at highway speed need more than just a light touch on the skinny pedal to accelerate especially when staying in top gear. This is where the load comes in that you speak of. I live in the dallad area and even on a few of the hills we have here I have to literally floor the jeep in 6th just stay at a constant speed. I won't even included if there is a heavy wind.

Secondly what does matter what the motor is doing at or just above idle, seeing that your jeep does nothing for power wise at those rpms. To me it's pointless because these things are meant to tow heavy loads to begin with so massive amounts of tq and hp aren't needed. Ripp IMHO have a product that makes the jeep much more enjoyable to drive. I bet that there is less than 5% of us that strictly use our jks for offroading, which tells me this product makes more power where the vast majority need it.

Sorry for any typos or spelling, I'm on my phone
Old 12-09-2009, 08:37 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by awdspider
I know what the two stand for but my question or response
to you is why does it matter. When you dyno a motor it's done at wot not part throttle. Our jeeps at highway speed need more than just a light touch on the skinny pedal to accelerate especially when staying in top gear. This is where the load comes in that you speak of. I live in the dallad area and even on a few of the hills we have here I have to literally floor the jeep in 6th just stay at a constant speed. I won't even included if there is a heavy wind.

Secondly what does matter what the motor is doing at or just above idle, seeing that your jeep does nothing for power wise at those rpms. To me it's pointless because these things are meant to tow heavy loads to begin with so massive amounts of tq and hp aren't needed. Ripp IMHO have a product that makes the jeep much more enjoyable to drive. I bet that there is less than 5% of us that strictly use our jks for offroading, which tells me this product makes more power where the vast majority need it.

Sorry for any typos or spelling, I'm on my phone

I never said anything about power down low..... Super chargers yield there power at the top of the of the rpm band. I have not even went WOT in my jk yet. And SC's are known for making more whp the wtq.

And yes all dyno pull are done WOT. I was just pointing out to the other person about load. I have been boosting cars for 15 years now. Back when guys were putting 100 dry shots of nitrous on there mustangs. I was spraying pure meth in my turbo grand national. And smoking there azz.

Does anyone on this forum have a dyno sheet of there own ripped JK. I would really like to see it.

I'm not flaming RIPP at all. Just getting the facts straight. And If it matters to you I would choose the RIPP SC over the HEMI just because of cost. But there is a few things I would change. I'm not going to get into that. Another time.
Old 12-09-2009, 09:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

I guess then I was taking some of the things you were saying out of context. I guess that's the problem sometimes with conversation over the internet.
Old 12-09-2009, 09:03 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

here are a few dyno runs from you tube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cUsq2tKLso

i have one from mine somewhere

Last edited by blockrockin; 12-09-2009 at 09:53 AM.
Old 12-09-2009, 09:36 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by awdspider
I guess then I was taking some of the things you were saying out of context. I guess that's the problem sometimes with conversation over the internet.
I've been using my cell. On most of these posts too, cause I'm supposed to be working. Sometimes I might not make any since.lol. I get pushing these little buttons so fast.
Old 12-09-2009, 09:50 AM
JK Newbie

[QUOTE=blockrockin;1463349]their are a few dyno runs on you tube. i have one from mine.. ill have to look for it

[URL]

checked vid. That was done at ripp right? I want to a dyno sheet from another shop. To see the difference. A dynojet would be great..

BTW nice JK love the redrocks.

Does anyone know if the ripp SC comes with a recirclelating bypass valve option?

Quick Reply: RIPP supercharger