Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

RIPP supercharger

Old 12-06-2009, 02:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The reason I ask is that that is the RPM for cruising on the interstate. When there are hills, I would like to take them without downshifting, will the SC help?
Old 12-08-2009, 12:27 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by StevieRay
Does this mean that there is no improvement at all below this RPM?

There is a noticeable difference because there is a much larger percentage of volumetric air being delivered from the blower. Plus we give it a little timing down low for added pep.

Besides automatics are seldom in need of power under 1500rpm - if you look at your tach when your driving you'll see that every time you lean into the throttle you lock the converter and and slip up to 2200-2600 or down shift into the 3000 range.

6spds have more control and the ability to match power to RPM.

RIPPTECH
Old 12-08-2009, 03:36 PM
JK Freak

I hope I don't tick anyone off but here goes anyway, tonight I was on the phone with MBRP. I asked Steve how he liked the Ripp SC on the two door they have. He told me that it has been a great setup yada yada .... but what surprised me is that he feels the SC two door would win in an acceleration race against the Hemi filled four door they have .

I don't know what you guys do with your jeeps but I drive long distances to get to where I can wheel. It's the drive to the fun that is tedious . The little 3.8 just doesn't cut it out on the open road but with my 4lo it climbs pretty good. I am looking to add 35" tires next and may finally get serious about the SC Ripp makes. I only have one reservation and that is NO performance shops in the area to install or tune. Hey Ripp how about a road show across central Missouri with parking lot installs?
Old 12-08-2009, 05:04 PM
JK Newbie

My highway speeds are around 2000 RPM. Do you have an estimate for HP/Torque gain at this RPM? Or better yet a comparison Dyno chart across this RPM range comparing stock vs SC'd engine? I may be asking for too much here though ~
At 2k rpms on the highway. There is no difference. Unless you are under a load. You have to go into boost to get more whp and wtq. The factory ecu is under control till you go into transition, meaning Boost. A SC builds boost with rpms. You could drive all day if you are light on the pedal and only hit 2psi or so. Unless you got a heavy foot. You get the most power with a supercharger at the top of your powerband. Meaning almost redline. Then again it depends on how advanced the timing is in the tune..

Last edited by frankie945; 12-08-2009 at 05:12 PM.
Old 12-08-2009, 05:29 PM
JK Freak

Just curioius but I live in Oklahoma and the elivation here is around 750 feet. I take my Jeep to Colorado evey year and drive up in the mountians. Will the standard tune used for 90% of my driving work well up at 12K feet? Will I need a different tune up high? I don't want to foul out the plugs up there. Seems the MAS would compensate for the thin air up there but was just curious.

Jeff
Old 12-08-2009, 05:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

My highway speeds are around 2000 RPM. Do you have an estimate for HP/Torque gain at this RPM? Or better yet a comparison Dyno chart across this RPM range comparing stock vs SC'd engine? I may be asking for too much here though ~

do you have an auto?

if not how are your highway speed rpms that low with 4.88's. i have 4.10's and in 6th gear at 65, im right around 2200.

i have been in a ripp sc'ed jk and it is a night and day difference. it actually amazes me that people want to spend an extra 15k for a hemi. as i dont feel the money difference......if that make sense. i will say that it actually makes it fun to drive on the freeway.

when i get the funds together i will be doing this mod.

shaun h
Old 12-08-2009, 05:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

ripp,

have you guys tested your kit with borla's new long tube headers? im pretty sure you havent but what do you think the gains could be?
Old 12-09-2009, 03:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

does this answer any of your questions. according to rip mods this a comparison to stock vs. supercharged.

going strictly off the dyno there is a significant difference, especially torque just above 1k rpm's. again im going strictly off their dyno numbers and this answers you question in my opinion.

shaun h
Old 12-09-2009, 03:31 AM
JK Newbie

it takes boost to make power. You must put the jk under a load to even get into boost. They might have the timing advanced abit down low. But it would be a small gain.
Old 12-09-2009, 03:35 AM
JK Newbie

That dyno sheet was done WOT. If you seen the TPS trace I bet it would say 100%.

Quick Reply: RIPP supercharger