Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

RIPP Question

Old 03-03-2010, 03:51 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RIPP Question

i should get my 2010 rubi next week and am likely adding a RIPP supercharger. for those who have one, how will it affect the warranty? thanks
Old 03-03-2010, 04:24 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There are some very good threads on this topic.

In the end, I think that those that were just expecting a noticeable boost on the high end are very satisfied and those that erroneously expected a boost on the low end are disappointed.

The common issue with all of them seems to be poor gas mileage.

I am caught in the classic debate between a SC and a HEMI given their vastly different power curves and price tags. But if I were going with the SC, I would wait until the engine breaks in for a few thousand miles before raising its stress level.
Old 03-03-2010, 05:04 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by ECHO
Why a Supercharger?? Just outta interest.. why not Lift/tires/Winch/Bumpers/Gears.. and so on ??

Welcome to the Forum !!
never fear,these are happening as well...but i am more interested if the supercharger will void any of the engine warranty. the dealer is checking but i thought i might see what others experience has been.
Old 03-03-2010, 05:06 PM
JK Freak

I currently have the supercharger, and I would agree on letting the motor break in first. As far as gas mileage, mine has been great. I would definately recommend gears at the same time. It makes a huge difference. It will also work great if you know someone that can do custom tune as well. Oh yeah, this will definately void warranty, unless you got the hook up at a local dealership. Before buying a new supercharger, I would look on here for a used one, I have seen a couple. Might save you some money.
Old 03-03-2010, 05:08 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have a ripp supercharger .. i love it .. but I'm not sure about warranty .. i doubt they would cover much because all the mods.. but guess it comes down to them having to prove what you added caused the problem. it wouldnt stop me from modding the jeep the way i wanted.
Old 03-03-2010, 05:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by travmac
i should get my 2010 rubi next week and am likely adding a RIPP supercharger. for those who have one, how will it affect the warranty? thanks
I would guess it will void the warranty, but fear not. With all the hemi conversoins out there, the big shops have sheds full of ultra low mileage stock motors that they cannot give away. Then add in the DIY people who have stock motors sitting in their garages taking up space. Even if you damage the engine, you could probably replace it for $500 plus labor!
Old 03-03-2010, 06:15 PM
JK Newbie

I just bought one and having it installed tomorrow. I called my Jeep delaer and they told me that it would NOT void my warranty however, if something broke and it was determined to have been caused by the SC it would probably NOT be covered. I also asked this question to RIPP and they told me they have had a SC on a Jeep with something like 100,000 miles and no issues.

I think it is a common sense thing......if you abuse it and it breaks your warranty will not cover it.

For me, I felt very comfortable buying one and not worrying about the warranty.
Old 03-03-2010, 06:36 PM
JK Newbie

I use to work for a dodge dealership and acording to them ANY modification will void your waranty. especially if any drivetrain is damaged. They will link it to the extra stress on the drivetrain and then your waranty will be void from there. Even as little as putting a performance air filter in can void your waranty. Sorry for the bad news.
Old 03-03-2010, 06:44 PM
JK Freak

Supposing that you did bust something in your engine (probably not caused by RIPP SC, but we'll just pretend it did) the install is completely reversible.

Don't make a claim until you take the supercharger off...Seems like a fairly simple solution
Old 03-04-2010, 03:30 PM
JK Newbie

anybody had any issue ordering/delivery?

Quick Reply: RIPP Question