Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Ripp Mods Supercharger 1000 miles results

Old 07-30-2009, 01:20 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink Ripp Mods Supercharger 1000 miles results

After a thousand miles of driving I finally fine tuned the wastegate to 3 threads. And by what others have said on this forum if its tuned in right it actually feels like a larger engine under the hood. The Boost really comes on at 2000 to 2200 range and 3000 and up its hits harder and so far I have been able to easily hit 9-10 lbs of Boost as you hit the higher rpms.

The regular tune is great for the daily driver so you don't have to spend to much time at the pump. But when you switch to the high octane mapping with a switch that RIPP provided with the install you will notice a def change in the way it runs. For me it ran smoother and my butt dyno def noticed an increase of power by a flip of a switch.

Before I was interested in the Hesco kit because it was intercooled vs meth injection because i didn't want to worry about filling and maintaing the vehicle all the time. But I want with the meth because i can run regular gas and actually if I ever had a problem Ripp is 45 min from where I live in Northern NJ. But After 1000 miles I have yet to put a major dent in the fluid tank.

The other kit I looked at was the avenger kit. It looks cool and cheaper but it needs to much modification to put in and im sorry money is money cause to have someone put that in is going to be way more than the 1000 bucks Ripp cost me. I've debated getting a hemi but $20,000 for the whole kit installed not in my book If it was cheaper then ok but I rather buy another car for the price of that For example a 300c with the hemi used with 15000 thousand miles is cheaper. Hopefully this helps you guys stuck on the choice of upgrading the powerless 3.8l that came stock.

For you guys that are interested in the supercharger im running an automatic Sahara with 3.73 gears 3inch exhaust with no added weight and this thing takes off!

P.S. In the rain yesterday I was driving along with the TC off and going about 30mph and I figured i step on it and see what it had and i actually lit up my tires which it never did even if i tried.
Old 07-30-2009, 02:10 PM
JK Newbie

I believe its a blow off valve or BOV not a wastegate. I think a wastegate diverts exhaust away from a turbocharger.

I also have my BOV set with three threads showing, it seems to be the perfect setting.

Glad to hear your enjoying the new found power.
Old 07-30-2009, 03:14 PM
JK Junkie

Wastegates are only for turbos

Thanks for the info I am thinking about purchasing a used RIPP S/C kit from another forup member.
Old 07-30-2009, 03:16 PM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

"my butt dyno def noticed an increase of power by a flip of a switch"

You mean for five grand you didn't notice it WITHOUT flippin the switch????
Old 07-30-2009, 03:21 PM
JK Newbie

My mistake, I used to have a turbocharged car before this one. I miss it its just to bad traffic here sucks thats why i traded the stick for an automatic and the convertable option is a must seeing that I had a 1999 Sahara there is nothing like it. But i have to admit the 4.0l 6 in the 1999 sahara felt like it had way more low end torque than the 3.8l when i purchased it. Thats why i find the supercharger a must for the new jeeps.
Old 07-30-2009, 04:30 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Amstellight
My mistake, I used to have a turbocharged car before this one. I miss it its just to bad traffic here sucks thats why i traded the stick for an automatic and the convertable option is a must seeing that I had a 1999 Sahara there is nothing like it. But i have to admit the 4.0l 6 in the 1999 sahara felt like it had way more low end torque than the 3.8l when i purchased it. Thats why i find the supercharger a must for the new jeeps.
Thats because the i6 DOES have way more low end torque than the 3.8L. The 3.8 is worthless until you get to 2000-2500rpm. The i6 had awesome low end, it just fell off in the upper RPM's.
Old 07-30-2009, 05:15 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by RedneckJeep
"my butt dyno def noticed an increase of power by a flip of a switch"

You mean for five grand you didn't notice it WITHOUT flippin the switch????
I believe what Amstellight was referring to was the difference in power between the 87 and 91 octane maps.
Old 07-30-2009, 05:53 PM
JK Super Freak

I've got about 1500 miles on mine now and am really enjoying it. I haven't had the time yet to get in to the shop to have it dyno-tuned when they've had time available for me, but even without getting every last little bit out of it, it's a lot of fun and the extra power is easily noticed.

What do you guys have your meth injection boxes set to?
Old 07-30-2009, 08:10 PM
JK Newbie

Im running the meth injection at 3psi and 6psi with regular gas because it just ran smoother then the 2psi and 6psi for me. And premium I run 4psi and 7psi. One thing is I have a 3 inch cat back exhaust maybe thats why my settings are good for my setup when Ross at Ripp recommended 2 to 6 whats running on his setup.
Old 08-03-2009, 09:17 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Awesome!

Glad you like it.
Our guys here put a lot of time and effort into each kit, and its great to hear the customers reactions and stories.

even better are pics "hint hint lol

Quick Reply: Ripp Mods Supercharger 1000 miles results