Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

RIPP JK Supercharger Kit w/Stage 2 Intercooler

Old 08-04-2012, 08:44 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm also thinking about dropping the $$ for a SC, however I've read that they tear up the auto tranny, has anyone has any problems?
Old 08-05-2012, 03:43 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i had a ripp on a auto tranny for a long time.. never any issues with the auto tranny... loved it.
Old 08-05-2012, 06:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

Ive had my Ripp s/c on for about 5000 miles and have had no complaints, only issue i just ran into was one of the idler pulley bearings starts to squeak after it gets warmed up, i called RIPP and they sent me out a new idler pulley with new bearings, noise is resolved.

THANKS RIPP tech support!!!!!!!

They really take care of their customers well.

Don't Hesitate to buy ANY of their products.

I only wish the S/C kit came with more SWAG (i'd love a RIPP hoodie)
The kit did come with some cool license plate frames though.
Old 08-05-2012, 06:15 AM
JK Freak

There was a fairly long thread on the auto transmission and the possibility of the power created from the Ripp supercharger causing problems. The OP had replaced his transmission three time but what got missed in all the bickering was the first two transmission failures were prior to his installing the Ripp supercharger.

It is no secret that the 2007-11 automatic transmissions are a turd. Just based on what I have read over the past year a lot of our mods can help this tranmission fail. Just the added weight alone of the heavy bumpers, fenders, larger tires, and the list goes on. These things put an extra load on the drive train.

So if you don't want any automatic tranmission problems you should probably leave the JK bone stock.

JMHO
Old 08-05-2012, 03:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have an 08 JKU with an auto tranny. Added a RIPP SC in May and headed to Colorado for some trailing in July. No problems with either. The power comes on nice and smooth when needed. I have over 7K on the SC now and the engine purrs w/o any issues. No issues with the tranny either. I also have trailer towed my 850 Polaris ATV and brush mower as well. No issues thier as well.
If you are not leaning toward the headers, I would suggest upgrading your exhaust at least.
Good luck
Old 08-05-2012, 03:15 PM
JK Newbie

All, thanks for the great inputs on this thread. I really did not think of the option of just putting on some headers and seeing if that provides the power I am looking for. For now, I think that is the way I will be going and possible add the SC down the road. Again, thanks for the help and inputs. TJ
Old 08-05-2012, 05:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

which blow off vales to ya'll haVe on your SC the metal vortech one or the plastic bOV'S? and to add my input i love the supercharger BUT the issue i hae had w/ the blow off valves is very frustrating and i have been t hrough 3 bovs and had not been able to get the jeep inspected because of the 02 sensor being "not ready" and evap ......so still tryin to find solution for bov...... other than that i love it

'
Old 08-05-2012, 05:28 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by wytmike
15k with the supercharger and the I added the headers. Another 2 k so far. I will say, if you can afford it, do the headers too. They really make a huge difference.

Mike
So few people truly understand how much power you get from the headers. The longer the better. My biggest regret with the Pentastar is that you cant install headers on it.
Old 08-05-2012, 05:58 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by REDJEEPJK
which blow off vales to ya'll haVe on your SC the metal vortech one or the plastic bOV'S? and to add my input i love the supercharger BUT the issue i hae had w/ the blow off valves is very frustrating and i have been t hrough 3 bovs and had not been able to get the jeep inspected because of the 02 sensor being "not ready" and evap ......so still tryin to find solution for bov...... other than that i love it

'
I have not looked at mine for quite a while. I thought it was metal. Is there a thread on this already? I haven't heard of any problems or had any.

Quick Reply: RIPP JK Supercharger Kit w/Stage 2 Intercooler