Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

RIPP JK Supercharger Kit w/Stage 2 Intercooler

Old 08-04-2012, 08:46 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RIPP JK Supercharger Kit w/Stage 2 Intercooler

I recently bought a used 2010 JK and am somewhat disappointed with its engine performance. I have been reading about RIPP's supercharger kit and was looking for any inputs from those of you out there that have made this modification. Has anyone had any long term issues, engine problems, or been disappointed with the kit itself? Thanks for your inputs.
Old 08-04-2012, 10:47 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

There are tons of threads on this subject. Just search on this forum and you will find everything you need.
Old 08-04-2012, 11:15 AM
JK Freak

I have been running mine for almost a year now with no issues. I do not take it easy of her either. I have a very heavy foot. Took a second to get it fine tuned but RIPP will help you with that. She is a whole new animal with a superhcarger.
Old 08-04-2012, 12:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default loved it

my 08 had it and i loved it.
Old 08-04-2012, 05:16 PM
JK Newbie

Thank you for your inputs. I need to spend a little more time researching this topic and would appreciate anyone else's advice too.
Old 08-04-2012, 05:50 PM
JK Freak

Do you have any specific questions?
Old 08-04-2012, 06:24 PM
JK Newbie

I am trying to find any specific data that discusses how these supercharges have effected an engine over a significant time? Since I just got my JK (and bought an extended warranty, which I should not have purchased) I want to make sure if I add a supercharger (which voids my warranty) I am not going to run into known issues that typically arise. It looks like tuning is an issue for people initially but it also sounds like RIPP customer service is pretty solid and typically can help out. Do you know of any other issues that other people have experienced? Thanks again!
Old 08-04-2012, 06:59 PM
JK Freak

I have been reading through the threads on this forum for about an year now. I focused a lot of my attention on RIPP superchargers because I knew immediately I was going to purchase one.

I know a few guys have had some issues with the MAP sensor. Those were kind of an isolated thing. The other issue you'll read about is getting the tune exact but Ripp is real good to help. I have never heard anyone talk about a mechaincal failure. I'm not saying there is nothing out there but I have never read anything where the supercharger caused some type of catastrophic failure to an internal engine part.

I believe RIPP has several jeeps with over 60,000 miles and no issues. There are several guys on this board with several thousand miles too. I can't recall anyone having any mecahical failures.

There are even guys who have changed the pulley on the system to create more boost and the 3.8 is handling it well.

Unless some others speak out you may just have to do some more digging through the threads.

If I was in your situation I would fell perfectly safe.

I also have a 2012 JKU. I might be worried if I was consider putting a supercharger on that jeep. Been hearing a lot of rumbling about head issues.
Old 08-04-2012, 07:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

I also have a RIPP SC and love it!! Put it on in December, just the smaller pulley and getting ready to put that on. You're not going to find a better product or better tech support than what RIPP has to offer
Old 08-04-2012, 08:07 PM
JK Newbie

15k with the supercharger and the I added the headers. Another 2 k so far. I will say, if you can afford it, do the headers too. They really make a huge difference.

Mike

Quick Reply: RIPP JK Supercharger Kit w/Stage 2 Intercooler