Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

RIPP install TIPS

Old 04-28-2011, 08:41 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RIPP install TIPS

I ordered a super charger w/cooler stage2 from RIPP and expecting the week of 5/9/11,any one with previous install have any tips I should now about.all tips greatly appreciated.
Old 04-29-2011, 01:05 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by VJDJLucy2
I ordered a super charger w/cooler stage2 from RIPP and expecting the week of 5/9/11,any one with previous install have any tips I should now about.all tips greatly appreciated.
THIS IS A CURRENT THREAD REGARDING INSTALL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0mLt8kZlIQ RIPPTECH
Old 04-29-2011, 01:51 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Install is very straight forward, mine went in without issue in less that 5 hours with two guys wrenching. Pulling the plenum and swapping fuel injectors is the most time consuming part. The linked thread was a big help. Most notably:
-Don't remove bottom portion of EGR, unbolt the top, loosen the bottom, and bend it out of the way. Even with unbolting the bottom (total PIA) I did the whole job under 5 hours.
-Definitely install the sheetmetal intake plenum on the blower before mounting it. I skipped this step and had to move some parts to get it in there.
-For my preference the IC and piping looked really obnoxious in silver. Paint them before install.

Quick Reply: RIPP install TIPS