Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

RIpp Instaaled.... Question

Old 04-10-2011, 03:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RIpp Instaaled.... Question

Just finished installing my RIPP SC. First and foremost, the install went smooth as silk thanks to the very detailed instructions provided by RIPP. Its obvious that they took the time to provide a complete and comprehensive manual so as to make it an easy install. It took three of us 6 hrs start to finish to install. As for the kit itself, it was complete right down to zip-ties. In fact, aside from hand tools, everything else is included. Sadly, haven't driven it except for a trip around the block as I have some concerns about the Vortech itself.

Specifically, it rattles quite a bit at idle. I can best describe it as "rocks rattling" or "rocks being ground up." It happens at idle and disappears at around 1,500-1,800 rpm and is quite loud. I'll be calling RIPP in the AM, but figured I'd post up in case somebody has experienced this.

Checked the oil, bolts, belt, etc. and all is good. Anybody experience this sound?
Old 04-10-2011, 04:32 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ChrisLe
Just finished installing my RIPP SC. First and foremost, the install went smooth as silk thanks to the very detailed instructions provided by RIPP. Its obvious that they took the time to provide a complete and comprehensive manual so as to make it an easy install. It took three of us 6 hrs start to finish to install. As for the kit itself, it was complete right down to zip-ties. In fact, aside from hand tools, everything else is included. Sadly, haven't driven it except for a trip around the block as I have some concerns about the Vortech itself.

Specifically, it rattles quite a bit at idle. I can best describe it as "rocks rattling" or "rocks being ground up." It happens at idle and disappears at around 1,500-1,800 rpm and is quite loud. I'll be calling RIPP in the AM, but figured I'd post up in case somebody has experienced this.

Checked the oil, bolts, belt, etc. and all is good. Anybody experience this sound?
Thank you for the complements, we constantly upgrade as client point things out that may need clarity. Although the set you are looking at have been fairly scrutinized, that's Version 4 and its seem to be problem free. If there is something unclear please let us know.

Congrats on the quick install
  • Did you send us your tune to flip to a supercharged tune?
  • Do you have your vent plug installed in the blower - this was attached directly to the blower with a metal wire and a big yellow tag?

When the blowers are brand new the gears will need to make face and soften that sound up a bit - its takes about 500 miles or so to make face on the gears and the sound goes away the more you drive it.

RIPPTECH
Old 04-10-2011, 04:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

I want one of those soooo bad !

BTW.......Where are the pics?
Old 04-10-2011, 04:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

How u liking it so far would love to get this one day
Old 04-10-2011, 04:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RIPPMODS
Thank you for the complements, we constantly upgrade as client point things out that may need clarity. Although the set you are looking at have been fairly scrutinized, that's Version 4 and its seem to be problem free. If there is something unclear please let us know.

Congrats on the quick install
  • Did you send us your tune to flip to a supercharged tune?
  • Do you have your vent plug installed in the blower - this was attached directly to the blower with a metal wire and a big yellow tag?

When the blowers are brand new the gears will need to make face and soften that sound up a bit - its takes about 500 miles or so to make face on the gears and the sound goes away the more you drive it.

RIPPTECH
Thank you for the prompt reply. Yes, the tune was received and uploaded prior to initial starting and the shipping plug was indeed removed and replaced with the vent prior to starting.

Each of us checked every aspect of the install twice over to be sure all was completed as specified. I have refrained from driving it until I get the go ahead from you guys as I wasn't sure as to whether it was a bad SC unit.

So, the sound is normal? As per your suggestion I will drive it and see what happens to the rattling sound. Should the rattle continue or worsen, I'll be up in NYC next Saturday and might drop by your shop for a quick inspection by the RIPP experts (assuming that is amenable to you and your staff)...
Old 04-10-2011, 04:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by isshinryu28
How u liking it so far would love to get this one day
Haven't driven it yet... Just want to make sure the rattle sound isn't a problem with the SC before I do....
Old 04-10-2011, 04:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

MEEEEEEEEEEEE to Ripp should have a give away like teraflex
Old 04-10-2011, 05:52 PM
JK Newbie

If they offered free install - I'd be on it like stink.
Old 04-10-2011, 06:25 PM
JK Newbie

Chris, clear out ur inbox!
Old 04-10-2011, 07:32 PM
JK Newbie

Man, I want one too. Screw the P-star... I'l take the SC

Quick Reply: RIpp Instaaled.... Question