Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Ripp Headers w/o Supercharger

Old 03-12-2016, 08:02 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ripp Headers w/o Supercharger

Looking for comments/recommendations from those who installed Ripp headers and tuner on 3.8 engine. Problems? Performance gains? Heat issues? Did you get the headers ceramic coated? How much does ceramic coating cost? I have an 09 Rubicon unlimited with 5.13 gears. Its heavy with AEV front and rear bumpers, winch and LOD rock rails. I'm just looking to improve highway performance and maybe add a chaser trailer in the future and would like to tow without making it any worse on the highway than it is now.
Old 03-13-2016, 06:15 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've got a 2011 manual w/ripp headers & exhaust (no induction). I pulled my carpet long ago and linex'd the tub, pulled all the plugs. Engine doesn't run any hotter and no issues from heat transfer in the cab. I don't pull a trailer put does add some hp, never dyno'd but certainly better than stock. I have 3.73 w/315 mastercraft mxts and a 2in bb. I average about 18 on the highway.

Quick Reply: Ripp Headers w/o Supercharger