Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Ripp headers for the 3.8

Old 07-21-2014, 02:17 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ripp headers for the 3.8

I'm already running their supercharger w/ the smaller pulley on my 2010 jku running 35's with 5.13's.
Just looking for some input from those that run them . What are the real world gains/issues.
Thanks guys
Old 07-21-2014, 03:41 PM
JK Freak

I'm hoping to run the same set-up in the future.....

Sent from the swamp while taggin' a gator!
Old 07-21-2014, 03:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've had them installed for the last few weeks only about 5 days of driving because of work. So far no issues had a small leak at the crossover but went and welded that slip joint together so no more leak! I'm also using the hush power resonator and stock muffler. It's dead quiet! I can climb the hills much easier then before. Butt dyno doesn't notice any power gains just the jeep runs easier up the hills and can accelerate (not that fast but it can) up the hill in the same gear as with the stock headers. I'm also running the superchips 93 octane tune with no engine lights!

My opinion much better then shorties! And they stay somewhat cooler then the stock my under hood temps have gone down a few degrees.
Old 07-22-2014, 01:38 PM
JK Newbie

Yea if I do install the headers I will get the resonator also. Don't want that raspy Sound.. Just trying to justify the cost to gain at this point.
Old 07-30-2014, 05:36 PM
JK Newbie

Hi got them as well as the 91 octane tune provide by RIPP, It definitively worth it. It's more about torque than HP and can be felt from 2000rpm

Quick Reply: Ripp headers for the 3.8