Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

RIPP headers

Old 06-24-2010, 11:13 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RIPPMODS
No - of the five local truck including the in house tester - one is throwing a light - randomly - its a lean code... tripped and then shut off on the highway only... we've check our logs and its no where near dangerous, its just out of trim of the ECU... so lights may come on... some trucks may trip it and some may not... we are addressing it.

We've spoken at length with Diablo Sport and American Racing Headers and both agree that the light, though a nuisance will not effect engine life... We will be releasing a Pre-tuned Predator soon and all this will be clear... coincidentally it will also bring more power.

RIPPTECH
That's basically what I was saying in my other thread where we bantered back and forth a bit. If you're making significantly more power, you're flowing significantly more air by definition. Flowing more air is a wonderful thing. But a speed-density system has no way to measure that increased airflow in open loop and should in theory be lean.

That being said, your long tube headers with a predator tune specifically for the headers is probably a pretty freaking awesome setup. Now you just need to call my old lady and convince her it would make a great b-day present for me.

I'm curious if there are any plans in the future to use a predator for your supercharger setup instead of a piggy back system? Do you currently use an extra injector for fuel enrichment? If so I imagine with the predator you could just skip the extra injector, upgrade all the injectors to higher flow units, and tune for the larger injectors across the board. If you ever get to this point, you'll have to call my old lady and tell her what a great christmas present it would make for me.
Old 06-24-2010, 11:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

from what i am hearing ripps is working to replace black box and put in a diablo sport tuner and replace 2 extra injectors with 6 bigger ones and all this gives more power RIPPS CALL WHEN THIS ON MARKET !!!!!!!!!!! Im in : RIPPS keep up the good work
Old 03-29-2011, 02:46 PM
JK Newbie

Any problems with your jeep passing inspection here in MA with the RIPP headers? I was looking into doing them down the road as well as the supercharger. Just curious on your past experience with that.
Old 03-29-2011, 03:57 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

As long as you CEL Is not on, you should pass. They don't lift up your hood to even see the the SC. They just plug in to OB2 and check for any emission issues.

Not to sure if Rip will kick off you CEL. Any one have the check engine light on from RIP?
Old 04-07-2011, 09:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by NH-JK
As long as you CEL Is not on, you should pass. They don't lift up your hood to even see the the SC. They just plug in to OB2 and check for any emission issues.

Not to sure if Rip will kick off you CEL. Any one have the check engine light on from RIP?
I just got done haveing the headers installed. and NO CEL!!!

The process has been a little bit of a pain. The tuner has been "glitchey". The resinator they sent will not fit a 2 door so i had to put a glass pack to get rid of the "rice" sound
Old 04-12-2011, 02:38 PM
JK Newbie

I didn't realize the resinator doesn't fit on the 2 door. I couldn't find anything on that. I'm worried that it's going to sound like a honda civic without it.
Old 04-12-2011, 03:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

How does it drive?! Do you have a supercharger?
Old 05-27-2011, 03:09 PM
JK Newbie

The only time I get a rasp from the Flowmaster 50/headers combo is right around 3k RPM...something about settling in or moving past that range in the powerband sounds..well, not great. Cruising or punching it though...

It's a very noticeable difference. Incredibly snappy off the line with the headers/tune combo, and highway driving is actually enjoyable.

*Cool story bro moment*

Right after the install I made a 300km highway trip back home, and it was bloody windy that evening. There was another JK cruising in the right hand lane and I cruised by at about a buck fifty getting up to speed for a pass on the trio of semi's ahead of her. The wife started laughing quite heartily.

"She waved back, but you should have seen the look on her face."

It moves a stock X-S pretty quick...with the 2" BB now and 35's next month, we'll see how she runs in a "truer" off-road configuration.

Quick Reply: RIPP headers