Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

RIPP Gen 1 versus Gen 2

Old 04-29-2011, 12:13 PM
bkw
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RIPP Gen 1 versus Gen 2

hey All,

I've been presented with what I *think* is a good deal on a Ripp Gen 1 (SC where the battery is) with the Gen 2 intercooler upgrade. Unfortunately, this is all I know about the kit - meaning I dont know if the programmer is included and if it is, what tune it has, or anything else since it's not being sold by the original owner.

Before the stellar reviews of the Gen 2 kit, I vaguely remember some folks experiencing issues with the Gen 1 which I think (hope) was resolved with a new tune.

So my question is towards the owners of the Gen 1's. Any issues? What was done to your kit to combat any issues if any?

And any other commentary comparing both generations would be appreciated.

Thanks!!

Last edited by bkw; 04-29-2011 at 12:18 PM.
Old 04-29-2011, 01:00 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ive had both gen one and gen two... if i where you i would buy it and since it comes with the inner cooler ... do the gen 2 electronics upgrade .. well worth it.. not sure how much you are getting the gen 1 for.. the gen 2 is a much better more stable setup.. more power.. worth the upgrade ! sounds like you could basically have the gen 2 kit for a good deal ! you will love it once its setup.. but like i said i would not get it unless you plan on doing the gen two electronics upgrade... and that package comes with the predator tuner.. so you should be good to go
Old 04-29-2011, 01:03 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bkw
hey All,

I've been presented with what I *think* is a good deal on a Ripp Gen 1 (SC where the battery is) with the Gen 2 intercooler upgrade. Unfortunately, this is all I know about the kit - meaning I dont know if the programmer is included and if it is, what tune it has, or anything else since it's not being sold by the original owner.

Before the stellar reviews of the Gen 2 kit, I vaguely remember some folks experiencing issues with the Gen 1 which I think (hope) was resolved with a new tune.

So my question is towards the owners of the Gen 1's. Any issues? What was done to your kit to combat any issues if any?

And any other commentary comparing both generations would be appreciated.

Thanks!!
At GEN1 hardware upgraded to GEN2 Electronics and intercooler - is like owning a GEN2 -

RIPPTECH

RIPPTECH

Quick Reply: RIPP Gen 1 versus Gen 2