Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

RIPP COLD AIR INTAKE & RiverRaider Snorkel

Old 01-14-2015, 03:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pretty cool! Can't wait to see the snorkel!
Old 01-14-2015, 07:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bfschor
Pretty cool! Can't wait to see the snorkel!
Snorkel delivered today but all we could get done this evening was relocate the battery and tray.... I'll post some pics and stuff tomorrow.
Old 01-17-2015, 01:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Snorkel installed! I'm getting 17.4 mpg in city which doesn't make sense at allllllllll so I'm going to trip my odometer and calculate my mileage at next fill up.

Very please with the outcome, submersion testing to follow.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3813704234.jpg
Views:	623
Size:	47.7 KB
ID:	592370  
Old 01-18-2015, 06:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by aldonoward3
Snorkel installed! I'm getting 17.4 mpg in city which doesn't make sense at allllllllll so I'm going to trip my odometer and calculate my mileage at next fill up. Very please with the outcome, submersion testing to follow.
Looks great man! What was your city mileage before?
Old 01-18-2015, 07:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bfschor
Looks great man! What was your city mileage before?
15.5 city and 19 or so hwy
Old 01-18-2015, 07:13 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any chance the filter can be placed more centered and run the intake hose along the engine? I'm wondering if that can be done, can a custom battery tray be made to fit in the place of the stock air box.
Old 01-18-2015, 08:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jeepstin12
Any chance the filter can be placed more centered and run the intake hose along the engine? I'm wondering if that can be done, can a custom battery tray be made to fit in the place of the stock air box.
Very possible, however it's not the distance from the snorkel to the filter that matters it's the distance to the engine intake. Running the conduit along the engine would either heat up the conduit and possibly melt it.

I'll be replacing the corrugated hose with aluminum conduit soon enough to rid the path of the drag from the ridges in the hose as well as all of the couplings and change in air path size.
Old 01-18-2015, 09:15 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by aldonoward3
Very possible, however it's not the distance from the snorkel to the filter that matters it's the distance to the engine intake. Running the conduit along the engine would either heat up the conduit and possibly melt it. I'll be replacing the corrugated hose with aluminum conduit soon enough to rid the path of the drag from the ridges in the hose as well as all of the couplings and change in air path size.
I'm thinking an aluminum pipe with a heat shield would help it a good bit.
Old 01-18-2015, 09:56 PM
JK Newbie

I love the river raider setup. Im personally not a fan of the hood leech or the gaudy (to me) look of the aev style. Im just hoping they come out with a hardline version soon, ive been waiting to pull the trigger on the snorkel for a while.
Old 01-18-2015, 10:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Stinkfoot
I love the river raider setup. Im personally not a fan of the hood leech or the gaudy (to me) look of the aev style. Im just hoping they come out with a hardline version soon, ive been waiting to pull the trigger on the snorkel for a while.

I agree completely. If you grab the river raider expedition snorkel kit like mine and want to use the aluminum conduit as well, I'd be happy to fab and ship it. I'd just charge for the material and shipping of course.

Quick Reply: RIPP COLD AIR INTAKE & RiverRaider Snorkel