Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rims that work with the Teraflex S/T Swaybar and wide 37's

Old 01-26-2012, 02:41 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rims that work with the Teraflex S/T Swaybar and wide 37's

OK so I have had a S/T swaybar setup installed in my jeep for awhile now. I never had any problems with 35" tires.. But when I switched up to 37" Pitbulls it was obvious that the tire was going to contact the knob when turning. It forced me to sell my rims and tires and look into a new rim and tire setup.

My old rims were 8" with a 4"back space. I will admit that the pitbuls are definatly alot wider than other 12.5 wide tires in fact they were bigger than my buddies 13.50 Iroks.

What backspacing should I get on my next set of rims? What are you other S/T swaybar users running with 37" tires?

I am looking at getting another 8" rim and running the exact same tires in 37x12.50x15 but I am very unsure of what back spacing I should be looking at.

Some Pics

Old 01-27-2012, 04:39 AM
JK Junkie

Anyone running the S/T with 37's?
Old 01-27-2012, 06:34 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

well, if you're hitting it now with 4" of back spacing, you might just try running a set of 1.5" wheel spacers as there aren't too many nice wheels that come less than 3.5" and, looking at your pics, you would need at least that little if not less.
Old 01-27-2012, 10:08 AM
JK Junkie

Thanks WOL thats a little annoying cuz I sold my setup to another member and I am ordering the exact same setup but with spacers today.

Quick Reply: Rims that work with the Teraflex S/T Swaybar and wide 37's