Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rims and Tires Help

Old 12-05-2016, 10:26 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Agreed with previous posts. If you're going to spend the money anyway, I'd step up the size a bit. He should have no problem running a 33" tire on the factory suspension.
Old 12-05-2016, 11:19 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cjnomo
Addressing ur OP question about 255 vs 285. A 285/70 should fit great. It's not the height of the tire that rubs on my jeep, it's my tire width/BS. So u could technically go 285 and that would be gtg. Post pics after the install!!!
Thanks! Kept the stock size for simplicity's sake. He's a good driver but a new driver. He delivers pizza locally and is going off to college next year. I didn't want to put something on it that would change the way it handles, wore poorly or was more expensive than necessary. He's out there now cleaning it up for the "after" pics

Quick Reply: Rims and Tires Help