Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

RIIP supercharger install costs

Old 12-28-2011, 06:16 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RIIP supercharger install costs

Hey guys, i know it varies shop by shop sstate to state etc etc but whats a good base starting install price I should expect to be paying should I choose to go the RIIP supercharger route, because I sure as hell am not going to undertake that myself haha
Old 12-28-2011, 06:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I actually just installed mine the other day. It is a lot easier than what you may think. The hardest part is putting in the rear spark plugs on the 2011. The 2007-2010 are a little more involved cause you have to put in new injectors but its not bad. It's really all plug and play. Took me about 6 hours on my 2011.
Old 12-28-2011, 06:45 AM
JK Junkie

If you get charged for parts and labor i would think 7500-8k would be a ball park figure.

But if the install isn't too bad, invite some buddies over order some pizzas and put all those brains and hands to good use!
Old 12-28-2011, 06:58 AM
JK Super Freak

Ive done super charger installs, its not bad. I would rather install a super charger kit on my jeep than the or fab tire carrier!
Old 12-28-2011, 07:01 AM
bkw
JK Freak

Why not call RIPP and see what they charge for the install and use that as your baseline.

According to the install instructions, it should take 6 hours. Most garages around here are $75-$100, therefore $450 - $600.

I did the install myself and broke it into two parts over two days. Part 1, everything up to the install of the injectors. Part 2, SC and plumbing install and test/troubleshooting.

The install can be done with simple handtools and patience. The instructions are very good, and the youtube install video ties everything together at a higher level. The challenging part is working on anything thats near the firewall (pass side intake manifold bolt, pass side spark plug lower EGR bolts). Other than that it's not bad. Also, you learn more about how everything works which is key if you have issues and need to troubleshoot.
Old 12-28-2011, 07:09 AM
JK Freak

I have my SC sitting in the house waiting for me to install it. I have watched the video several times and talked with others that have done the install. It does not seem very difficult. The comments below were given to me by a member on this forum. Very helpful hints. My comments are in red. I would save myself the money for other mods unless you really are not comfortable doing the install.

Before you begin, buy a new lower EGR gasket. When I took mine off, it was torn and half of it was stuck to the block. It's a $2 part, but getting back in there twice sucks. This is much easier to get to with the right side fender liner out. I just installed some PSC crusher flares and did not put inner fender liners back in yet. I can see the lower EGR mounting location plain as day.

Intake sensor - Use a small screwdriver and get some wd-40 to lube it up. Then pull straight out. It's easier if the car is warm so do this before starting.

The hardest part of the install for me was the passenger side rear plenum bolt. You have to squeeze your socket inbetween the fuel lines and the top edge of the firewall, almost impossible. I did it by using a 1/4" 10mm, mated to a 1/4 to 3/8" adapter socket. That way it gave me just enough room to get the bolt off.

Red injector clips - these need to be pushed/pulled up. Use a small screwdriver to get it started, then just use your hands.

Wear rubber gloves when swapping the injectors. By the time you get to the injectors, your hands will be cut to shit. Gas + open wounds = PAIN

When trying to get your SC mounted, remove the sensor and unplug the end at the center of the fan. You can now push the entire sensor out of the way. DO NOT TIGHTEN the any of the mounting bolts. Once you get the two primary bolts into the block, tilt the SC back towards the firewall and carefully slip the sensor back into place.

When doing the piping it's pretty straight forward, but keep an eye on the pipe with the BPV. It needs to be angled very carefully so that it doesnt interfere with the drive belts. I found that once I bolted the grill back on, it pushed the piping back about 1/2" and right into the belt. After some more fiddling, pushing, and luck, I was able to get it to fit with about 1" between the piping and the belt. Best way to figure out how it's supposed to go is to install the silencer hose before mounting the last pipe.

This information came from BKW which is on this forum

Old 12-28-2011, 07:45 AM
JK Freak

Default Mine

To buy and have the shop install it total out the door was just over $6,000. included everything.
Old 12-28-2011, 09:13 AM
JK Newbie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Nwapache
Ive done super charger installs, its not bad. I would rather install a super charger kit on my jeep than the or fab tire carrier!
Ha, yeah... Did the or fab on my tj a few years ago. It's a bear!
Old 12-28-2011, 10:19 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by TN_JK_GA
To buy and have the shop install it total out the door was just over $6,000. included everything.
not to shabby, part that sucks is that since I am in MA, gotta add at least a couple hundred more for MA prices, powdercoating 5 wheels was anywhere from 550-700 so I did them myself...craziness
Old 12-28-2011, 01:09 PM
JK Newbie

Is the 11 6 speed much easier to install? What are the differences? Have mine also, subscribed. Thanks for the info good to know. 35's and a 3" long arm on think gears at 4.10 would like to change still debating 4.88/5.10 have my flares out for Bushwacker install so that's helpful, if it's the same for 11 jkur

Quick Reply: RIIP supercharger install costs