Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rigid LEDs

Old 05-26-2014, 06:14 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BIGNICK
I have d2 amber floods in my bumper. Bright as hell. I've gotten flashed a few times but I've been blinded by others set ups also. I think d1's would be suitable.... The d2s are a little overkill especially in white
I forgot all bout the amber. I'm sure that would work better especially in the d1 series
Old 05-26-2014, 06:31 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

really no RI lights can be used as fog lights without blinding oncoming traffic, no matter what style or color, or where you aim them. there is no cut-off like headlights. anyone who says its okay are in denial, and a being an asshat IMO.
Click image for larger version

Name:	img3640lx6.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	33.4 KB
ID:	555590
Old 05-26-2014, 06:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by arjeeper
Restrictions are one thing, but if your lights are blinding other drivers, it creates a real problem and frankly, a risk to yourself.

I wouldn't use any of the Rigids for onroad use. No of them are speced for that. Now, for off road use, they're great!
Very true. I hate being blinded by oncoming drivers myself!

The JW Speaker JK fogs have a specific cutoff to prevent blinding oncoming drivers and they are DOT approved. That would be a good alternative to Rigids and they just look cool! And they are a round light for a round hole, no bracket needed.
Old 05-26-2014, 06:52 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by flomingo
Very true. I hate being blinded by oncoming drivers myself! The JW Speaker JK fogs have a specific cutoff to prevent blinding oncoming drivers and they are DOT approved. That would be a good alternative to Rigids and they just look cool! And they are a round light for a round hole, no bracket needed.
I'm considering these myself as they are a designed fog for on road use.

Quick Reply: Rigid LEDs