Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

The right tires: (Nitto Mud Grapplers maybe)

Old 01-20-2008, 12:29 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The right tires: (Nitto Mud Grapplers maybe)

I am looking for some tires for my Jeep unlimited sahara. The tires have to be 35s. I was sorta looking at the Nitto Mud Grapplers because I love the reviews on its' performance off-road but they say it's super loud on-road. If anyone is running these tires I'd like to hear what you think about them. I will only be taking it out off-roading on the weekends but it has to be a tire that can handle lots of mud, have some sidewall bite, and good on=road manners (and relatively quiet). Other information is where I live the fastest I'll be going on road is 45 mph. thanks for any help.
Old 01-20-2008, 02:19 PM
JK Newbie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I don't think you're going to find a quiet mud tire.
Old 01-20-2008, 02:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have them on my TJ and they are loud going down the road. Up to 45 mph not too bad, however, if you get up to highway speeds - 55 mph or greater they humm. They are not too loud that you cannot carry on a conversation, but they do put out some noise. In the mud they are awesome and well worth the $$$. Easy to balance out and look great. Hope that helps.

R
Old 01-20-2008, 02:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have the 35" Nitto Mud Grappler and I couldn't be happier. I don't really need a mud tire since I live in S. Texas where it is super flat and normally super dry but I just really liked the look of this tire. They required very little weight to get balanced, they have a very civilized ride, and I think they look bad ass on my JK.

I consulted with a few other members on here before purchasing these tires and haven't had the first negative comment yet. They obviously make a humming noise as does any mud tire but I don't think that it would be considered excessive for anyone that likes owning and driving a Jeep. Personally, I like the sound. My wife is not exactly what you would call a "Jeep person" and I thought she would end up raising hell about the noise. We made a 650 mile round trip to San Antonio two days after putting these on and her only comment was "I thought they would be louder".

You will not be unhappy with these tires if you decide to go this route.

Old 01-20-2008, 02:59 PM
JK Super Freak

You got to check out Toyo MTs, they are pricey, but maybe the consensus "quietest" mud tire. I can't complain and do my share of highway/street driving.

The Grapplers look awesome, I just couldn't live with them on road.
Old 01-20-2008, 05:33 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks alot great help. I think imma just get some of those Nitto Mud Grapplers or maybe those Toyo MTs. this made my decision alot easier.

Quick Reply: The right tires: (Nitto Mud Grapplers maybe)