Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Right Rear Squeak

Old 02-16-2011, 02:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Right Rear Squeak

Okay, I know its a Jeep, and they have all kinds of little clunks,clanks, and squeaks, but this is driving me nuts.

I recently (January 11') installed a 2.5" TeraFlex BB. No shocks or springs, just the adapters and spacers. Ever since then there has been a squeaking noise when going over the bumps in the right rear. I have laid on the ground and moved the suspension around and can hear it, but cannot pin point it.

Has anyone had this issue, and could it just be coincidence that I put the lift on and this noise came about? It isn't extremely loud and can be drained out just by a window being cracked, but can get annoying.

Thanks
Old 03-15-2011, 08:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Bump this, so this squeak has been happening for a while, and I also thought about the fact that I have a RR XHD read bumper. I had my mechanic friend briefly lay under the Jeep while bouncing it and we could not pin point the squeak besides in the rear.

Has anyone had any squeak that sounds like its coming from the tailgate area?
The following users liked this post:
chez323 (11-04-2019)
Old 03-15-2011, 08:40 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JK703
Okay, I know its a Jeep, and they have all kinds of little clunks,clanks, and squeaks, but this is driving me nuts.

I recently (January 11') installed a 2.5" TeraFlex BB. No shocks or springs, just the adapters and spacers. Ever since then there has been a squeaking noise when going over the bumps in the right rear. I have laid on the ground and moved the suspension around and can hear it, but cannot pin point it.

Has anyone had this issue, and could it just be coincidence that I put the lift on and this noise came about? It isn't extremely loud and can be drained out just by a window being cracked, but can get annoying.

Thanks
Check that the brake lines aren't rubbing against anything. I had a squeak from the rear after having my lift installed and it ended up being the metal part of the brake lines rubbing against the shocks.
Old 03-15-2011, 08:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Make sure your control arms are tight and to spec then check your lower shock mounts.
Old 03-15-2011, 09:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Feasterdef
Make sure your control arms are tight and to spec then check your lower shock mounts.
+1 on the lower rear shock mounts. My right rear shock squeaks pretty often, I find that re-cranking the mounting bolts seems to keep it quiet for awhile.
Old 03-15-2011, 10:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

Will check all of the above throughout the week, and report back this weekend. Thanks
Old 03-15-2011, 11:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

I had a squeak in the left rear. It was a broken bar pin on the left rear shock. Lots of stuff that can squeak back there. Good luck.
Old 03-15-2011, 12:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have had bad squeaks and rattles too, I've given up and now turn up the music. It must be jeep thing....
The following users liked this post:
chez323 (11-04-2019)
Old 03-15-2011, 12:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

I'm gonna x2 on the shock bar pin.. My was squeeking forever before it broke... I could never find the squeeking till the pin broke..bar pin elimanator =$20! no squeek

Quick Reply: Right Rear Squeak